C++ Software EngineerBrisbane, Queensland
Boeing Defence Australia is shaping the future of aerospace and delivering some of the nation's most important programs for the Australian Defence Force.
Joining us is a chance to make your mark, working with a diverse team that is united in pushing the boundaries of imagination and excellence.
We currently employ more than 2,500 people across 14 sites in Australia and three international locations and have a range of opportunities available as we plan for future growth.
We are seeking experienced career C++ software developers with a passion for software and application development in areas such as; modelling and simulation, data visualisation/analytics, scientific computing, real-time computer graphics and/or serious games development.
You will join our Phantom Works International (PW-I) arm of Boeing in our Brisbane office. You will become a part of an international team responsible for developing Boeing systems Modelling and Simulation frameworks and Computer Generated Forces (CGF) software.
PW-I conducts customer engagement activities to understand future needs and innovation activities to create next generation prototypes of future Boeing products and services. It delivers the region's most sophisticated decision support, concept development and technology prototyping capability providing advanced operations analysis, modelling, simulation and development services for Boeing projects and customers worldwide.
Relocation assistance will be considered for the right candidate.
Applicants will need to meet the following:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or related
- Minimum 5+ years' experience in the desired technical disciplines
- Strong knowledge of modern C++ principles and practice (C++11/14 mandatory, 17 desirable) and C++ frameworks (eg Qt, Boost).
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work effectively within an agile development team and with people across all organisational levels
- Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet defence security requirements. You must have the ability to obtain an Australian defence security clearance (NV1)
- Comfortable with interpreting and coding engineering maths and physics models
- Experience with deploying applications to cloud and distributed platforms such as Docker, Puppet, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry.
- Familiar with full-stack webtech application development, including design and implementation of asynchronous Web APIs (REST, SSE, WebSockets etc.), and demonstrated proficiency with modern server-side technologies and frameworks (Node, Express, Django, Mongo, etc.)
- Familiar with modern 3D graphics development (OpenGL, OpenSceneGraph, CesiumJS, WebGL)
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Female applicants, people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent and ex-defence personnel are encouraged to apply.
- Flexible working options
- Study assistance
- Salary packaging
- Employee Incentive Program
- Global opportunities
How to apply
View the full Position Description and apply now.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More