Cyber Security LeadBrisbane, Queensland
Do you aspire to help build something better? Would you like to work for a company that employs the best talent to develop and deliver world class capabilities and systems to protect Australia and its national interests? Would you like to work on cutting edge projects? Then we would like to talk to you.
As an equal opportunity employer that promotes a diverse and safe workplace environment, one of the country's leading and preferred defence partners, Boeing Defence Australia (BDA) is now recruiting a Cyber Security Design SME based in Brisbane.
This position will be the Cyber Design SME for the Wakulda Air Battle Management Project – so if you want to be part of a fast paced, technically challenging project and build your leadership skills – this is the perfect opportunity to build and expand your skills. We are looking for enthusiastic team players who don't mind learning new skills and aren't afraid to get their hands dirty.
Having a background of governance, assessment & technical skills will prove invaluable as you come on board to assess, rectify and recommend existing and upcoming security solutions!
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Provide the technical design and leadership for cyber and engineering staff responsible for the implementation of information security requirements, technical controls, standards, guidelines and procedures.
- Evaluates capability risk/gaps and takes and/or coordinates action to meet objectives;
- Assessing technical designs and recommending appropriate security controls to meet ISM requirements;
- Delivers sound and timely information security design advice. Can recommend technological or procedural solutions to meet security control intent in support of engineering projects;
- Providing governance, framework and project management support to the Wakulda Leadership Team;
- Participates in the creation of security policies, audits, assessments.
To be successful you will have:
- Working knowledge of Australian Defence security framework and associated policies and procedures including familiarity with the Australian Cyber Security Centre Information Security Manual.
- Understanding of developing and implementing information security practices in an engineering environment.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and the ability to clearly articulate complex security concepts to a broad and diverse audience.
- Sound information security knowledge across the following environments is desirable:
- Network connectivity and configuration.
- Windows Client-server systems.
- Linux Client-server systems.
- Support and maintenance of in-house hardware/software systems.
- Engineering Change Management processes.
- A desire to work as part of a dynamic team supporting a diverse range of technology
- Industry recognised information security qualification (CISSP, CISM, ISO 270001, IRAP, DRAP, etc.) and or relevant experience.
- Ability to obtain a Security Clearance - The preferred applicant will be required to successfully undergo the security clearance vetting process at the TOP SECRET NEGATIVE VETTING 2 level. The preferred applicant MUST be willing to disclose all relevant and required information and MUST have lived in Australia, or have a checkable background, for at least the precedingFive years.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.