Engineering / Technical
Boeing Defence Australia (BDA), one of the country's leading and preferred defence contractors is now recruiting for the position of Senior Software Engineer. As part of a large scale defence land communications project, the Software Engineer is based in our Brisbane office. If you are currently looking for your next challenge in developing software for a complex system, you are strongly encouraged to apply.
Be part of developing next-generation communications system for the Australian Defence Forces deployed around the world.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing software products for complex Army communications programs
- Supporting software design and testing processes using Agile methodologies
- Liaising and collaborating with internal and external customer technical representatives
To be successful you will:
- Be a passionate, collaborative and capable software engineer, familiar with modern software development environments and processes
- Willing to participate in all software development lifecycle phases (design, implementation, integration and test)
- Development experience in a Linux environment
- Experience with one or more of the following is desirable:
- User Experience Design methodologies
- Familiar with secure programming practices
- A Bachelor's degree, or above, in software engineering, mechatronics engineering, electrical engineering, computer science, or a related discipline
Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet defence security requirements.
BDA is dedicated to providing a diverse and flexible work environment so that we can recruit and retain the best talent. As such, we would welcome applications for Full Time, Part Time and flexible work arrangements.
BDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women and people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent to be part of an organisation that promotes a diverse and safe workplace environment.
If you would like to see your career take off click Apply now.