Software EngineerBrisbane, Queensland
Boeing Phantom Works - International is seeking an experienced software engineer on an advanced autonomy project as part of its Autonomous Systems portfolio. Your responsibilities will be:
- Perform autonomous system software development and integration activities
- Develop unit and functional tests and conduct integration testing
- Optimise and integrate software into small form factor computing capabilities.
You will work as part of a multi-discipline engineering team to implement autonomous behaviours, artificial intelligence and machine learning capabilities on a range of autonomous systems in development for The Boeing Company. In addition to being able to work cooperatively within a team, we require an experienced software engineer with a minimum of 3 years of industry and/or research experience who possesses the following attributes:
- Strong software development skills in C++ and other languages including C, C#, Python.
- Experience in software requirements analysis, functional analysis, software design & development, and software integration & test.
- Ability to communicate complex software concepts in both written and verbal formats to management as well as the technical team.
- Knowledge of radar and tracking technologies
- Knowledge of methodologies simulation and experimentation.
- Significant experience using both Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Experience in participating in software development cycles using agile methods and processes.
- Ability to implement and utilize systems and processes for ensuring quality and configuration management for all prototypes and products
- Tertiary qualifications in Software Engineering and/or Computer Science.
Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet defence security requirements.
BDA is dedicated to providing a diverse and flexible work environment so that we can recruit and retain the best talent. As such, we would welcome applications for Full Time, Part Time and flexible work arrangements.
BDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women and people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent to be part of an organisation that promotes a diverse and safe workplace environment.
If you would like to see your career take off click Apply now.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More