Airworthiness Certification Engineer - Fixed Wing (Systems Engineer)Bristol, England
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defence UK is looking for Airworthiness Certification Engineer - Fixed Wing (Systems Engineer) based in Bristol, UK. This role will offer options for some flexible/hybrid working.
Whilst working within the airworthiness and certification team for Fixed Wing, Rotary Wing and Autonomous Air System programmes, your role will involve ensuring airworthiness and certification products to underwrite initial and continued airworthiness are developed and in place for the new products and modification programmes.
Some UK and US travel is anticipated.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate, prepare, and review high-level certification documentation (Type Certification Basis, Certification Plans, Certification Review Items, reports, checklists, schedules).
- Support the up-front development, interpretation, and understanding of customer type certification requirements through the understanding and application of relevant regulations and airworthiness codes.
- Analyse and recommend certification requirements for their applicability to new products and changes to type design (facilitating major/minor change determination and use of the changed product rule).
- Track requirements allocation and compliance showings/findings to ensure all certification requirements and regulatory obligations have been met using the rational Dynamic Object-Oriented Requirements System (DOORS), tool.
- Support the development of Test and Acceptance (Means of Compliance) criteria for certification requirements.
- Work with various teams to ensure accurate completion of certification targets.
- Facilitate communication between Boeing Defence UK (BDUK), the Customer, and the UK Military Aviation Authority (MAA) Certification Division to ensure efficient issue resolution in a timely manner.
- Prepare responses to the Customer and the MAA, including technical positions, in support of project Issue Papers and Certification Review Items.
- Apply UK MAA Regulatory requirements for continued airworthiness to UK Fixed Wing programmes.
- Liaise with other Boeing interpersonal entities and assist with the assembly of plans and approaches to meet UK Ministry of Defence (MoD), requirements for type validation of products certified by other military or civil National Aviation Authorities.
- Provide specialist airworthiness engineering support to new programme stand up and development of type certification and continued airworthiness approaches.
- Working with other functions to provide the complete life-cycle requirements, and continued airworthiness requirements in particular.
- Assist with airworthiness reviews of aircraft undergoing modifications.
- Contribute to Statements of Work (SOW) for 3rd party activities.
- Identify risks, issues and opportunities and assist with the development of mitigation plans.
- Compile engineering estimates for the airworthiness and certification group.
- Assist with engineering resource planning and generating staffing forecasts.
- Assist the development and/or improvement of effective airworthiness and certification processes and documentation.
Preferred Skills, Attributes, and Qualifications:
- Strong interpersonal skills, technical proficiency, and skills with project management concepts/tools.
- Familiarity with UK MOD MAA certification processes (MRP 21) and similar civil European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) / Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Part 21 or European Military Airworthiness Requirements (EMAR 21), certification processes and associated Guidance Material is desirable.
- Experience with the use of requirements management tools such as DOORS is desirable.
- Experience in the application of Def Stan 00-970, European Military Airworthiness Certification Criteria, EASA Certification Specifications, FAA Federal Aviation Regulations or other international standards for type certification and continued airworthiness of fixed wing air systems is very desirable.
- Specific platform/product or system experience and knowledge is desirable, along with detailed experience of UK MoD airworthiness policies, processes and culture.
- Previous industry or military service type airworthiness engineering experience is desirable.
- Education is highly desirable to a degree level in an engineering/technical field with proven experience
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Work Authorisation: This position does not have sponsorship approval. This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to acquire immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants.
Security Clearance: Willingness and eligibility to undergo and obtain a Security Check/Clearance is required.
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award