Application Support Versatile TechnologistBristol, England
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us, Boeing Defence UK.
Boeing Defence UK is responsible for delivering IT services to a number of customers both internal and external throughout the UK. The Engineering Services Change Support Role will be leading within our team to progress a number of changes to the applications that we support. This will be both from an organization and technical perspective utilizing the most appropriate option at the appropriate time to achieve the customer requirement
The Change Support Role is responsible for representing the Engineering Services team with the customer to ensure the requirement is met. In addition it is important to be able to engage with other functions in BDUK to coordinate facilities that may be needed to satisfy the customer requirements, this will require strong analytical and negotiating skills to ensure all aspects are completed.
Due to the range of technologies supported within the team it is important that the successful applicant can show versatility in delivering change against a variety of platforms or can demonstrate their ability to utilize other peoples capabilities
The Engineering Services team provides support for a number of engineering based applications as delivered for our MOD customer. There is a steady throughput of changes for the applications and it is important that the right candidate is found to help deliver the changes from a coordination perspective and by applying inherent technical skills and experience. Prime background would be from a Linux/Oracle environment delivering successfully technical programmes of work.
This role will report to the Engineering Services Manager:
- Planning and delivering customer and internal changes as required
- Provide support solutions for the changes delivered
- Take where appropriate the technical lead
- Represent BDUK during customer engagement
Essential Skills and knowledge:
- Proficient and demonstrable capability in supporting applications in a Linux environment
- Proficient use of Oracle P/SQL
- Understanding and support of Actian OpenRoad and Ingres database based application
- Support to SAP based systems in a Linux environment
- Support of applications in a Jenkins and Open Shift environment
As a BDUK employee, you will have the freedom to choose a healthy work-life balance through flexible working arrangements, incentive programmes and access to a range of resources and tools to support your growth and wellbeing.
This includes our industry-leading Boeing Learning Together program which offers generous funding to help you enhance your skills — and learn new ones — at hundreds of accredited colleges and universities across the globe.
What Boeing offers you
The Boeing benefits package goes above and beyond, focusing on your physical, emotional, financial and social well-being. Here’s a snapshot of what we offer:
- Competitive salary and annual incentive plans
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
- 23 days plus UK public holidays and a Winter Break between Christmas and New Year.
- Pension Plan with up to 10% employer contribution
- Company paid BUPA Medical Plan
- Short Term Sickness: 100% pay for the first 26 weeks
- Long Term Sickness: 66.67% of annual salary from 27th week
- 6x annual salary life insurance
- Learning Together Programme to support your on-going personal and career development
- Access to Boeing’s Well Being Programs, tool and incentives
- 6 weeks paternity leave
Important information regarding this requisition:
This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems.
We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security Clearance for which the UK Government requires UK residency. The successful candidate will hold, or have the ability to obtain, Security Clearance (SC).
All information will be checked and verified.
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
No featured jobs. View All Opportunities
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities
No saved jobs. View All Opportunities