Business Capture Team Lead (Marketing & Sales Representative)Bristol, England
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
As part of the Boeing Defence UK (BDUK), Global Sales and Marketing team, the Business Capture Team Lead will report to the Head of BDUK Sales & Marketing. It is a senior individual contributor (non-managerial) role and will require strong leadership skills to lead business capture teams whilst working closely with the customer and existing Boeing Defence UK programmes.
- Reporting to the Head of Sales & Marketing, the individual will lead key campaigns across multiple domains within the BDUK business as a Capture Team Lead.
- Ability to develop in depth customer/market knowledge across multiple market domains to lead the development of capabilities/solutions and offerings to meet external customer needs.
- Ability to develop and maintain superior customer relationships, primarily across Defence but also within other Government Departments & Agencies.
- Understand in particular how UK Defence works to enable appropriate customer engagement across key campaigns (Centre, Capability Branches, Front Line Command, DE&S etc).
- Ability to develop and maintain internal relationships across BDUK to support campaign activity – primarily MoD Services but also Government Services.
- Builds and maintains relationships with executives, government officials and Boeing Program leaders and executives.
- Responsibility, Accountability, and Authority for the development, management, and execution of new business campaign plans in accordance with the Integrated Business Acquisition Planning (IBAP) process.
- Responsible for campaign lessons learned – review of historic lessons, capture of new lessons and a champion of the LL process.
- Strong, proven team leader
- Leverage campaigns to understand further market opportunities.
- Apply industry and customer acquisition knowledge of specific customers in support of BDUK and IG&D (up to BDS & BGS) business opportunities.
- Lead capture teams on call plans, contact plans and white paper development.
- Actively participate in business, defence industry and professional forums and associations to enhance Boeing's image.
- Anticipates customer requirements and manages customer expectations.
What we are looking for:
- A degree level qualification (Preferred)
- The ideal candidate should have demonstrable sales and marketing/Business Development experience ideally in the defence sector; a good understanding of MOD /UK Government structures and ways of working and the procurement process of defence capability is also preferred
- Prior complex campaign / proposal experience along with excellent communication and IT (including MS Office) skills is essential
- The role will have significant UK MoD customer, supplier and wider Boeing interfaces and therefore candidates should have customer engagement and management experience.
UK MOD Security Clearance (or willingness to obtain) is essential, higher levels of Security Clearance may be desirable.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More