Business Capture Team Lead (Marketing & Sales Representative)Bristol, England
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Main purpose / context of the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and dynamic Capture Team Lead to join Boeing’s UK Business Development team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to lead exciting campaigns across the Boeing portfolio - including key platforms, space, digital and innovative solutions for our Defence customers. This is a Bristol based role with some hybrid working options.
- Accountable for leading large scale, complex and competitive sales campaigns
- Lead the approval process by advocating the customer requirements and selling the business case to management to ensure a quality deal
- Leverage detailed understanding of both customer and Boeing needs and resources to find areas of alignment and integration
- Drives campaign activities to successful completion by integrating multiple aspects of the customers' needs. Crafts campaign specific strategies, procures resources and secures management commitment to ensure successful execution
- Leverage company resources to support customer commitments, gain a competitive advantage and foster business growth by using a comprehensive understanding (breadth and depth) of multiple Boeing products and services, process and operations and resources
- Research, review and analyze information about competitors' products and services to develop a comprehensive understanding (breadth and depth) of specific competitor activities and their impact on company strategy to improve our competitive position. Verifies, evaluates and applies detailed customer knowledge to advance the campaign activity in support of the long range business plan (LRBP) and contribute to strategy development (e.g., country, region and campaign)
- Establish a broad network of contacts and knowledge base to act as a broker of knowledge to multiple customer needs
- Develops customer solutions by coordinating and integrating with internal and external processes and divisions to provide a competitive advantage and to foster business growth with acceptable margins. Coordinates packaging of Boeing and Industry products and knowledge into complete solutions that meets customer needs. Leads review process with management by balancing customer expectations and Boeing resources
- Lead preparation of the proposal by developing themes and discriminators and ensure correct members and resources are included in the team. Recommend alternative means of compliance to customer requests
- Review and contribute to the final draft materials. Challenge recommended scope and cost to ensure compliance and competitiveness. Develop strategy and tactics using in-depth knowledge of customer needs, Boeing products and services and competitive environment to foster business growth with acceptable margins
- Place priority on understanding customer needs and take ownership on finding solutions, effectively using empathy, patience and collaboration skills
- Use appropriate techniques in order to gain agreement and commitment to drive results
- Confidently and effectively integrates product, operational knowledge and acquisition process into a customer discussion.
- Provide direction and day to day support to bid managers and coordinators allocated to the campaign
- Prior complex campaign / proposal experience
- Strong stakeholder management
- Sales coaching experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of UK Government procurement process
- Experience of Defence campaign development
- Highly competent in using MS Office products.
Work Authorisation: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
Security Clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security clearance for which the Government requires UK Citizenship.
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
- Software Engineering Intern Gdansk, Pomerania, Poland 07/01/2022
- Business University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- Engineering University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- IT University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities