Chief Program Engineer (Digital and Future Programs)Bristol, England; London, England; Fleet, England; Frimley, England
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
BDUK is a subsidiary of the Boeing Company and currently employs over 1,800 people in the UK. BDUK is responsible for delivering several exciting contracts to our UK defence customers including the E-7 Airborne Early Warning and Control, the P-8A Maritime Patrol Aircraft, C4ISTAR Services, through life sustainment for the Chinook & Apache Fleets, Logistic Information Services and Training Services.
Working at the forefront of the defence industry on our cutting-edge fixed-wing, vertical lift and digital programmes brings continuous challenges that require creative solutions. This fast-paced and dynamic environment means that it is highly unlikely that any two days will be the same. While working in such agile settings, your wellbeing is very important to us; we strive for a healthy work-life balance with a supportive culture which fosters collaboration, innovation and first-time quality. As a BDUK employee, you will have the freedom to choose a healthy work-life balance through flexible working arrangements, incentive programmes and access to a range of resources and tools to support your growth and wellbeing. This includes our industry-leading Boeing Learning Together program which offers generous funding to help you enhance your skills — and learn new ones — at hundreds of accredited colleges and universities across the globe.
This post is the role of Chief Programme Engineer to support programs within the Digital and Future Programs business unit reporting to the BDUK Chief Engineer, Digital & Future Programs (D&FP). The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day coordination and delivery of all engineering activity associated with the assigned program within the portfolio of activities for the assigned program with the D&FP business unit. Applicants should have demonstrable experience in leading multi-disciplined engineering teams driving safety, ensuring technical excellence, and in collaboration across business units, both in the UK and internationally. Additionally, the successful candidate will be required to develop technical strategies to aid business growth and provide technical input, oversight and governance around future technical proposals. This is a Full-Time role with some hybrid working options.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide engineering leadership and support to other departments, both in the UK and internationally, to facilitate the delivery of the D&FP business unit related objectives.
- Drive engineering functional excellence in people, processes, tools and practices for activity across the D&FP portfolio; facilitating productivity improvements and the sharing of best practices and lessons learned across the wider BDUK portfolio.
- Instill and maintain a culture that is highly focused on Product and Service safety together with first time quality across all engineering activity.
- Maintain, promote, and further develop relationships with key partner international business units.
- Provide technical leadership and coordinate employees performing engineering and integration activities to deliver programme objectives.
- Develop and execute project and process plans, implement policies and procedures and set operational goals
- Drive execution of solution engineering and integration through effective resource allocation and leadership.
- Chairing engineering reviews including those relating to requirements, design, safety (Product and Service), and programme readiness.
- Coordinates and interacts with engineering departments to establish demand and availability of resources for delivery of engineering activity
- Coordinate technical management of suppliers and provide overarching governance in concert with the supplier management function
- Develop and maintain relationships and partnerships with customers, worldwide business groups, and other key stakeholders.
- Manage technical scope against established budget including periodic reporting of progress to target.
- Participate in solution development for new business and provide governance and oversight to proposal development activity.
Essential Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Degree from an accredited course of study, in aerospace or safety critical engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- 5+ years of experience managing or leading teams in multi-disciplined matrix organisations
- 5+ years of experience working in a Safety Critical Engineering environment.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate some of the following:
- Broad knowledge of the UK Defence Environment and the processes and policies of our principal customer(s)
- Proven record in delivering complex engineering change programs in military programs.
- Evidential experience of through-life aircraft sustainment and post design services.
- Knowledge of the component parts of complex training solutions including courseware across multiple disciplines, synthetic training equipment, and training delivery.
- Established in leading cross-functional engineering teams.
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands.
- Comfortable in a dynamic, matrixed environment.
- Ability to provide an effective bridge between customers, the programme, and the engineering departments.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- A true people partner, with matrix experience in a global environment.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Practical experience in managing complex project or bid budgets, particularly geared around balancing the cost of delivery with technical excellence.
The Boeing benefits package goes above and beyond, focusing on your physical, emotional, financial and social well-being. Here’s a snapshot of what we offer:
- Competitive salary and annual incentive plans
- Continuous learning - you’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next
- Success as defined by you - we’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way
- Diverse and inclusive culture - you’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs
- 23 days plus UK public holidays and a Winter Break between Christmas and New Year
- Pension Plan with up to 10% employer contribution
- Company paid BUPA Medical Plan
- Short Term Sickness: 100% pay for the first 26 weeks
- Long Term Sickness: 66.67% of annual salary from 27th week
- 6x annual salary life insurance
- Learning Together Programme to support your on-going personal and career development
- Access to Boeing’s Well Being Programs, tool and incentives
- 6 weeks paternity leave
Work Authorisation: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
Security Clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security clearance for which the Government requires UK Citizenship.
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
No featured jobs. View All Opportunities
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities
No saved jobs. View All Opportunities