Commercial ManagerBristol, England
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
An exciting opportunity has become available to join Boeing Defence United Kingdom as a Commercial Manager. This role is full-time based in Bristol with occasional travel to RAF Lossiemouth as a possibility and as per business need.
About the role:
This is a non-line management role within the BDUK Fixed Wing Commercial Team, reporting to the Fixed Wing Head of Commercial. The Fixed Wing business primarily comprises E-7, P-8A and C-17 Boeing platforms each with a mix of ongoing growth activities (pre-signature) and long-term contracted programmes (post-signature) focused on integrated solutions for aircraft & ground based systems equipment, platform services, training services, logistics support, infrastructure and data analytics.
Across these programmes you’ll find energetic and motivated integrated and international teams working together to deliver to our primary customer, the UK Ministry of Defence (MoD). Our predominant business is within Single Source Contract Regulations, so strong understanding and the ability to learn and apply these into the ways that we work is vital, as is the ability to develop effective, positive relationships with customers and stakeholders alike. The Commercial function delivers value-adding business partnering in all phases of the contract lifecycle.
In this role you’ll have the opportunity to work with and support colleagues across our teams as we support a wide variety of responsibilities in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. You can expect assignments requiring typical contract management execution duties, providing expert commercial support and exercising strong business judgment in optimising our delivery of the contract and working closely with our customer; leading and supporting contract change and amendment proposals of varying sizes and complexity to our UK MoD customer and into other parts of the Boeing enterprise as part of intercompany arrangements; you may be asked to participate in and support other strategic imperatives of the overall Fixed Wing business as we pursue growth opportunities within and outside of our key platform portfolio.
Notable features of the role include; management of discharging contractual obligations, interpretation of contractual terms and positions, building and maintaining effective customer and stakeholder relationships, proactive risk and opportunity management, preparing and negotiating proposals for contract change & amendment proposals as well as proposals for new business, managing intercompany arrangements, proactive participation in all required programme and customer meetings and providing effective governance to changes and proposals to ensure robust, protective and profitable outcomes by adopting a leadership attitude and approach, participation in early campaign phases to commercially influence and shape aligned to business strategy and core capabilities.
This position is expected to fulfil a variety of tasks and responsibilities typically associated with a Commercial technical role, including, but not limited to;
- Exercises appropriate signature authority, leads, and participates in proposal development, negotiating and contracting for the sale and support of aerospace products, services, technologies, financing and the licensing of intellectual property to support company strategies.
- Leads the presentation and development of complex business solutions to preserve and expand the business.
- Represents the company in external negotiations with responsibility to develop and maintain effective working relationships with customer counterparts
- Authority to prepare, negotiate, execute, interpret and administer legally binding contractual agreements of a complex nature for The Boeing Company.
- Leads coordination and partnership with other internal functional fields, acting as a trusted advisor, integrating business / finance / programme priorities to build solutions that balance business financial performance and customer relationship management
- Summarizes complex contractual issues, and leads development of creative solutions and coordination of contractual risk mitigation.
- Implements and maintains effective commercial governance to protect company interest and ensure fully aligned work approaches
- Authorises company work and administers contracts and agreements in accordance with contractual requirements,
- Interprets contract requirements, leads change and resolves conflict; intellectual property management
Preferred qualifications and experience:
- Excellent customer relationship management
- WCC (formerly IACCM) qualification, CIMA or MBA or significant experience in similar role
- Knowledge and skilled in defence contracting and terms & conditions – drafting, interpretation and negotiating
- Understanding and demonstrable application of Single Source Contract Regulations
- Negotiation skills
- First-time quality
- Fast and effective responsiveness in a multifaceted, complex environment
- Integrated business partnering with stakeholders including financial performance
- Ability to handle a diverse, fast-paced, high workload
- A high degree of independence
- Creative commercial solution design and implementation
- Effective at finding opportunities and risks and to manage them to create enhanced value for the organisation
- A positive work attitude and team building approach
- Adaptable, able to cope with changing requirements and multiple priorities and can remain effective in difficult times
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Work Authorisation: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll
Security Clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security clearance for which UK residency is required
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award