Cyber Security Operations Centre - Lead AnalystBristol, England
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world
To lead the BDUK Cyber Security operations function, will establish the strategy for all technical capabilities and will guide the development paths for the team. To establish and maintain an exemplar capability through recent industry experience and continual collaboration with the Boeing corporate cyber operations
The lead will support the manager with performance management of the team and will do so in accordance with Boeing policies and procedures
- Leads the Cyber Security Operations Center (CSOC) to monitor and defend the Boeing UK Restricted Network against all cyber threats
- Develops new processes and procedures to improve CSOC operational effectiveness and efficiency
- Ensures proper monitoring and response plans are in place to enable the timely and effective response to, and management of, incidents, alarms, notifications, calls and other activities related to the CSOC and new cyber threats
- Develops and maintains CSOC capabilities roadmap and specifies requirements for the supporting technical solutions
- Engages with other Information Security teams to share security intelligence on potential threats, current events, security incidents, and advanced defence mechanisms
- Develops and executes departmental plans, policies and procedures and organizational technical strategies and goals
- Develops and maintains operational reporting metrics and mechanisms used to execute and measure CSOC activities
- Acquires resources for department activities, provides technical management of suppliers, and leads process improvements
- Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports
- Provides oversight and approval of technical approaches, products and processes
- Provides briefings to senior levels of management regarding operational activities
Education and experience:
- Recent and extensive operational experience in a lead or senior analyst role delivering Cyber Defence operations in a commercial, preferably Defence, environment. The individual is expected to bring first-hand knowledge of the details underpinning the processes and tools to protect an attractive classified network.
- Should be highly competent in use of all MS Office tools and be willing to learn new applications/capabilities as they become available.
- ITIL knowledge would be desirable but not essential
Extensive working knowledge of the following (preferred but not essential):
- Log management: collect, aggregation, storage, Analysis,
- Software development security: Java, Java Script, Python, PHP, C#
- Operating system and related hardening (Windows, LINUX/UNIX)
- Endpoint security: antivirus, device control, integrity, HIDS.
- Network device: security controls and protocols
- SME level knowledge of SIEM integration and operations (SPLUNK Enterprise Security an advantage)
- Management of Threat Intelligence and integration of associated information into the CSOC process (CRITS an advantage)
- Demonstrable evidence of practical threat hunting experience in a high value information/high threat processing environment dealing with persistent threats
Professional qualifications to include (but are not required):
- Qualified as a member of professional Information Security Institution such as IISP, APMG, BCS
- CISSP IA Certification
- CISM Certification
- SANS Digital forensics.
- SANS Network Defender
- KALI Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP)
- Certified Ethical Hacker
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply asap for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More