Customer Relationship ManagerBristol, England
In 2010, MOD awarded Boeing the £800 million Future Logistic Information Services (FLIS) contract as its Support Chain Information Services (SCIS) Delivery Partner. SCIS is a partnering arrangement between the MOD and Boeing Defence UK to improve the reliability and capability of the logistic information systems and services that deliver engineering, supply chain and business intelligence information
Boeing provides secure, stable and resilient SCIS services by assisting the MOD in streamlining and optimising its end-to-end logistics information system into an agile and effective capability that underpins the support chain
The SCIS Programme has an enduring requirement for a senior position to undertake the role of a Customer Relationship Manager. We are looking for someone who understands intimately the way in which the MOD works but also the stakeholder community that is involved in setting the Logistics Information requirements but also in obtaining the necessary funding to deliver such work
You will lead BDUK employee for supporting the various MOD logistics committees and boards regarding Defence Force Development and application evolution/rationalization. In doing so you will bring to the engagements technical knowledge and experience to help inform the MOD’s thinking on the “art of the possible.”
This role will coordinate with both the MOD and BDUK Continuous Improvement teams to ensure that such improvement opportunities identified leverage the Technology Roadmap and Architectural artefacts such that initiatives offer the greatest benefits for both the MOD and BDUK and ensure that in developing the improvements the teams also have the necessary access to wider Boeing capabilities both within the UK but if necessary the wider Enterprise
- Experience supporting stakeholders to understand what previous research or evaluation has been undertaken necessitates an individual who has been involved in working with the MOD for a number of years within the logistics and IS environments.
- Experience of technology and emerging capabilities and the ability to translate this into how this enables the MOD’s business operations is essential.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to ensure clarity in engagements internally and externally.
- An understanding of programme delivery in a Defence, or analogous, environment including both Agile and traditional.
- Sound understanding of the Defence acquisition process and how this relates to the approval of IS programmes and its subsequent implementation.
- The ideal candidate should have at least a relevant degree or the experience in the ICT domain that would enable them to interact professionally and competently with the MOD and the stakeholder community. An MBA or equivalent would be advantageous.
- A sound understanding of how the Front Line Commands utilise Defence Logistics capabilities and undertake operations.
- A “known” individual within the Defence community.
Based in Bristol, the nearest site to the prime Customer, there will be a need to travel to other sites around the UK; no more than 25% of the time
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More