Cyber Security Analyst - 12 month Internship
On our cyber teams, you’ll work with leading-edge technology developing solutions for the defense and intelligence communities. While building the future with Boeing, you’ll also help protect it.
of the time
What does it take?
What makes a successful Cybersecurity employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Quick thinking
“ At Boeing, cybersecurity is integral to everything we do and addressed at every stage of system development. I am fortunate to collaborate with talented individuals across different departments to ensure the security of our products. Having served in the military, I am proud to continue to support our troops by ensuring their mission needs are met. ”Jason Shelton Cybersecurity Engineer (Developmental Center), Cyber Test and Evaluation Lead
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Cyber Security Analyst - 12 month Internship
As an Information Technology Intern, your ideas will help us deliver innovative technological solutions to our customers. You’ll also be involved with everything from Boeing site tours, to networking events and development opportunities. The intern experience goes beyond your assigned job. Working within the current Cyber Security Operations team (CSOC), this role will involve contributing to the Monitoring, Alerting, analysis of and protection against all cyber threats to the corporate IT environment.
To contribute to the CSOC team, working within the established monitoring and response frameworks to enable the timely and effective response and management of, incidents, alarms, notifications, calls and all other activities related to the CSOC including new cyber threats.
- Respond to security events, requests and incidents logged in management systems.
- Monitor the security posture of the IT estate and identify anomalous activity and behaviors by the use of SIEM tools
- Perform in-depth analysis of log files, systems, and network traffic
- Hunt for suspicious activity based or anomalous activity.
- Innovate in the areas of SIEM and SOC.
Typical Education and/or Experience
- Knowledge of information security, cyber security and/or information technology concepts and solutions.
- Use of Microsoft Office (or similar)
- Attention to detail
- Should be highly competent in use of all MS Office tools and be willing to learn new applications/capabilities as they become available.
- ITIL knowledge would be desirable but not essential
- Experience working in a position in the Information Technology or Information Security field in a technical role
Working knowledge of the following desirable:
- Log management: collect, aggregation, storage, Analysis,
- Software development security: Java, Java Script, Python, PHP, C#
- Operating system and related hardening (Windows, LINUX/UNIX)
- Endpoint security: antivirus, device control, integrity, HIDS.
- Network device: security controls and protocols
- SIEM integration and operations (SPLUNK Enterprise Security an advantage)
- Management of Threat Intelligence and integration of associated information into the CSOC process (CRITS an advantage)
- Experience interpreting routed and routing protocols and application traffic logs
- Experience researching current threats and vulnerabilities to Information Technology systems
- Experience working in a Security Operations Centre (SOC)
- Experience working with SIEMs and evaluating SIEM alerts
- Information Security qualification, Degree-level education in Information Security or related area
- CISSP IA Certification
- CISM Certification
- Certified Ethical Hacker
- Or demonstrable equivalent experience.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.