Cyber Security AnalystBristol, England
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
An exciting opportunity has become available to join Boeing Defence UK (BDUK) as a Cyber Security Analyst based in Bristol, UK.
We are looking for an entry-level Cyber Security Analyst to work within the team of Cyber Security Operations Centre (CSOC). This role will involve contributing to the monitoring, alerting, analysis of and protection against all cyber threats to the corporate IT environment.
To contribute to the CSOC team, working within the established monitoring and response frameworks to enable the timely and effective response and management of, incidents, alarms, notifications, calls and all other activities related to the CSOC including new cyber threats.
Please note that this role also would require flexibility as off-hours support may occasionally be required.
- Responding to security events, requests and incidents logged in management systems
- Ongoing identification and monitoring of security risks
- Monitoring the security posture of the IT estate and identify anomalous activity and behaviors by the use of Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools
- Performing analysis of log files, systems, and network traffic
- Hunting for suspicious activity based or anomalous activity and escalate as necessary
- Documenting and maintaining incident response actions
- Innovating in the areas of SIEM and SOC
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a UK SECURITY CHECK.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
- Knowledge of log analysis
- Knowledge of packet capture and analysis
- Knowledge of endpoint security (i.e. antivirus, device control, integrity, HIDS)
- Knowledge of network device security controls and protocols
- Experience researching current threats and vulnerabilities to Information Technology systems
- Ideally qualified in degree-level education in Information Security or related area
- Certified in any of the following would be an advantage: Network+, Security+, CySA+
- Experience working in a Security Operations Centre (SOC) would be an advantage
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply for this role as soon as possible, as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Individual Contributor - 1
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.