Data Exploitation EngineersBristol, England; Yeovil, England; Gosport, England
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
About the Role:
Boeing Defence UK (BDUK) is looking for a Data Exploitation Engineers to support new business opportunities and existing product platforms, mainly fixed and rotor wing aircraft.
At Boeing, we are innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you will learn and grow; contributing to work that crafts the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defence UK (BDUK) is a subsidiary of the Boeing Company and currently employs over 1,400 people in the UK. We are responsible for delivering several exciting contracts to our UK defence customers including new capabilities like the E-7 AEW&C and the P-8A Maritime Patrol Aircraft, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR Services, Support for the Chinook & Apache Fleets, Logistic Information Services and Training Services and are very much in a growth phase.
Boeing Defence UK engineering function operates a matrix organisation consisting of engineering departments that deliver technical skills, expertise and products into our programmes. This role will be in the Product Support Engineering Department. The Department consists of the following technical areas:
- Reliability Centred Maintenance Analysis
- Reliability and Maintainability
- Logistic Support Analysis
- Engineering Data Exploitation
- Obsolescence Management
- Technical Publications
- Integrated Logistic Support Engineering
As a DE Engineer, you will call upon your experience to support and review fleet data analysis , drive Digital Data exploitation and be accountable for building out core capabilities to identify opportunities to deploy data enhancements to improve business and programme performance. You will report to the DE Team Lead and BDUK Support Engineering Manager whilst being technically supported by our other capability specialists within the department.
In your role, you shall:
- Provide analytical capability to transform information and data; providing insight to support DE decision making.
- Collaborating with other Engineering disciplines and the other Senior Stakeholders, to ensure consistency of working methods and activities across all projects
- Coordinate, monitor, establish Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and report status of DE activities
Aside from your technical work you there is the potential to support company initiatives, for example, quality improvements, promoting a safety culture, promoting Diversity and Inclusion, mentoring and coaching, STEM outreach and a number of focus projects to support the growth of the company and its employees.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
The preferred candidate will have most of the following, with some considered crucial:
- Crucial to be able to acquire UK SC security clearance
- High level of skill in Data Exploitation modelling calculations
- A clear communicator with a can-do attitude who has the drive, dedication and passion to continuously improve the quality of service
- Understanding of the relationships between DE and R&M, Design, Dependability, Safety, ILS & Asset Management;
- Knowledge and application experience of risk & reliability management systems and techniques
- Ideally, have a Defence background but this is not crucial
- Proven track record to drive first time quality
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, in particular MS Word, and Adobe Acrobat XI Pro.
- Engineering Degree qualified, minimum Technical Education HNC/HND and or received some formal training in Support Engineering principles
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Work Authorisation: This position does not have sponsorship approval. This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to acquire Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants.
Security Clearance: Willingness and eligibility to undergo and acquire a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE is required.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
No featured jobs. View All Opportunities
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities
No saved jobs. View All Opportunities