Digital Services & Analytics Intern - 12 Month Internship 2023Bristol, England; Milton Keynes, England; Frimley, England
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
This post is for a Digital Services and Analytics Intern to work within the information technology function in Boeing Defence UK (BDUK) starting in July 2023. BDUK is responsible for delivering several exciting contracts to our UK defence customers including E-7, P-8A Maritime Patrol Aircraft, and Through Life Support for the Chinook & Apache Fleets, Logistic Information Services and Training Services.
The team covers a multitude of integration disciplines and currently is working on multiple projects, which require upgrading and porting to new hardware. As part of the digital services team you will be involved with various functions providing critical deliveries for our customers. You will get a chance to work with software test team. If you have technical expertise and interests you may get involved in automation testing using various tools and will have experience working both in waterfall and Agile methodology.
- Work closely with the diverse teams to support automation and its implementation.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams in the design, development and integration of automation techniques.
- Perform analysis and value stream mapping of existing processes for the development of either new or improved automation.
- Work closely with other teams across the business to improve efficiency of infrastructure such as service management.
- Writing test scenarios and test cases, logging defects and test reports.
- Support functional testing activities on end-to-end data flows.
- Perform automated and manual test execution.
- Liaising with programme teams to understand the changes to write test cases with appropriate test coverage.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment handling multiple projects within stringent timelines.
- Please note that the position might require occasional travel (If applicable)
Essential Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Right to work in UK - We do not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
- Studying a degree course or have graduated a degree course within last 2 years
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Demonstrates an ability to pick up new technologies and to follow technical instructions, willing to learn new skills.
- Degree level or appropriate work experience in this area.
- Preferred degree Computer Science, IT, Mathematics, Science and Engineering. Will consider any other related degrees.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
At Boeing, diversity, equity, and inclusion are enduring company values. We strive to live these values every day not only because it’s the right thing to do, but because our success depends on it. The company’s commitment to diversity and inclusion means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and equitable, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
- The successful candidate will be expected to undergo an Intrusive Security Clearance Process, which will require 5 years uninterrupted residency in the UK prior to applying.
- We do not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Find your future with us.
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award