Digital Services & Analytics Intern (12 Months)Bristol, England
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
This post is for a Digital Services and Analytics Intern to work within the information technology function in Boeing Defence UK (BDUK). BDUK is responsible for delivering several exciting contracts to our UK defence customers including E-7, P-8A Maritime Patrol Aircraft, and Through Life Support for the Chinook & Apache Fleets, Logistic Information Services and Training Services.
The team covers a multitude of integration disciplines and currently is working on multiple projects, which require upgrading and porting to new hardware. As part of the digital services team you will be involved with various functions providing critical deliveries for our customers. You will get a chance to work with business analysts, designers and architects, software test teams. If you have technical expertise and interests you may get involved with our Infrastructure teams maintaining networks, unix and windows systems for MoD or our cyber security teams responsible for safeguarding our IT estate from internal or external threats.
- Provide support for incidents raised by the customer.
- Support in developing dashboard views of Infrastructure estate.
- Work closely with the diverse teams to support automation and its implementation.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams in the design, development and integration of automation techniques.
- Perform analysis and value stream mapping of existing processes for the development of either new or improved automation.
- Work closely with other teams across the business to improve efficiency of infrastructure such as service management.
- Writing test scenarios and test cases, logging defects and test reports.
- Support functional testing activities on end-to-end data flows.
- Perform automated and manual test execution.
- Please note that the position might require occasional travel (If applicable)
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
- Good GCSE in Mathematics and English.
- Demonstrates an ability to pick up new technologies and to follow technical instructions, willing to learn new skills.
- Degree level or appropriate work experience in this area.
- Preferred degree Computer Science, IT, Mathematics, Science and Engineering. Will consider any other related degrees.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorization to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a Security Clearance Process, which will require 5 years uninterrupted residency in the UK prior to applying
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
- Software Engineering Intern Gdansk, Pomerania, Poland 07/01/2022
- Business University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- Engineering University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- IT University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities