Digital Services ManagerBristol, England; Milton Keynes, England
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equality and inclusion are shared value. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every colleague that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for personal development. Boeing Defence UK is responsible for delivering IT services to a number of customers both internal and external throughout the UK.
Boeing Defence UK’s Ministry of Defence Information Services platform combines 24/7/365 sustainment, maintenance, support and analysis of the critical logistics apps and associated petabytes of data for the UK’s armed forces around the world, coupled with continuous programmes of review and renewal. MoD IS ensures the UK Ministry of Defence can plan, deploy and control with the utmost confidence in its logistics information, anywhere in the world, now, and in the future. We deliver mission critical solutions to the defence and security sector by integrating innovative technology.
The Digital Services Manager is accountable for the quality of their service. In this role, you will manage end-to-end services that include multiple products and channels.
This role requires a dynamic, diligent and organized individual who has strong Stakeholder Management, negotiation and diplomacy skills. This role will manage customer expectations and deliver in line with operational need with a customer first mind-set. There will be a need to be able to work in a high paced environment, with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple streams of work at one time.
You will be joining a Programme currently undergoing restructure to ensure ongoing management and delivery of Services and change is Agile and efficient to continue with this success of the current programme and ensuring that delivery is in line with expectations and continuously improved according to both industry standard approaches and the requirements of our customers. There will be a need to be able to work in a high paced environment, with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple streams of work at one time.
You will be accountable for managing the end to end delivery/sustainment of multiple Services in line with agreed SLAs and KPIs by leading, motivating and driving a team of some 30 individuals across the following processes, incidents, delivering service requests & core contract activity.
This role will have an important bearing in BDUK and partnering is a key to the success of current and future programmes, which must be continually developed and maintained. The overall objectives are to ensure the utility and warranty of services in meeting Service Level Agreements and key Performance Indicators across the programmes which are supported.
The individual must have a keen eye for detail and the ability to address ever changing priorities and demands whilst maintaining a cast iron focus on the strategic direction of the team ensuring it is fit for the future and able to cope with demands from customers in a rapid, responsive and iterative manner.
- Operate at scale and provide the connection between multidisciplinary business areas and stakeholders.
- Ensure all business processes are followed and compliance with external standards.
- Including but not limited to ISO20000, ISO27000, ISO9000 and ITIL4
- Participate in the governance of the service, including acting as a point of escalation for the delivery teams.
- Own the budget and allocate funding to areas of the service based on your decisions about priorities.
- Communicate the benefits and performance of your service.
- RIO management and escalation to programme as appropriate.
- Be responsible for the successful operation and continuous improvement of all services Full end to end ownership of all service support items (full stack management), including but not limited to:
- Contractual deliverables and obligations.
- Through life management.
- Technological Deliverables.
- Knowledge Management.
- Incident Management & Escalation as appropriate.
- Responsible and Accountable for the Services within role scope.
- Providing support to impact assessments for change when appropriate.
- Responsible for all components of the live environment.
- Working closely with the Head of Service Management.
- Proceeding with the most appropriate and cost-effective way forward.
- Working knowledge of the Services (to be provided to candidate).
- Responsible for PnL of your team.
- Financial accountability to the programme.
- Interaction with Technology Delivery Manager to sign-off and accept change.
- Manage resource through appropriate tooling.
- Contributing towards product strategy and vision.
- Input into Programme level prioritisation of projects.
- Role to be available on-call.
- Manage the personnel assigned to the team. To include but not limited to Development and mentoring to ensure continual personal growth. Personal HR requirements, including leave, appraisal and workday reporting. Organizational HR requirements including individual refocusing of effort where required.
- Ensure the health and safety of the workforce.
- Develop you team to ensure they receive the training and develop for them to achieve individual and team priorities.
- Coach, mentor, and develop staff, including overseeing new employee on boarding and providing career development planning and opportunities.
- Development (Embodiment) of a team culture that emphasises quality, Seek Speak & Listen habits, team unity, continuous improvement and high performance.
- Ongoing self-development and personal growth as an employee and as a manager.
- Ensure you and your team complete all mandatory training set by the company.
- Effective (contributing to) resourcing of team ensuring future recruits meet the current and future skills and experience needed
- Empower and motivate your team to take responsibility for their roles and priorities. Delegate responsibility and expect accountability and regular feedback.
- Approve and manager employee work schedules including but not limited to: vacation, paid/unpaid time off, virtual working, flexible working requests and sickness absence.
- Maintain transparent 2 way communication. Appropriately communicate organisation information through department meetings, one-on-one meetings, and appropriate email, IM (Instant Messaging), and regular interpersonal communication.
- Agile Working | coach and lead teams in Agile and Lean practices, determining the right approach for the team to take and evaluating this through the life of a project. You can think of new and innovative ways of working to achieve the right outcomes. You can act as a recognised expert and advocate for the approaches, continuously reflecting and challenging the team.
- DDAT Perspective | demonstrate an advanced understanding of design, technology and data principles. You can identify and implement solutions for assisted digital. You can apply knowledge to work with other digital, data and technology job families.
- Financial Ownership | develop an agile business case and own and iterate it throughout the product life cycle. You can develop benefits with others within the portfolio. You can understand the granularity of financial costs per changes and the value delivered.
- Lifecycle Perspective | apply experience in multiple parts of the product life cycle. You can recognise when it is right to move forward in terms of and when it is right to stop. You can recognise the appropriate deliverables and the right people to meet them. You can work with other agile delivery operations throughout the product life cycle. You can plan and engage with the appropriate stakeholders at a particular stage in the project.
- Operational Management | keep abreast of industry best practice and can cascade ways of working. You can make operations efficient. You can act as the escalation point for major operational issues and champion operational management across the community. You can work closely with leaders of operational delivery teams in digital, data and technology.
- Problem Management | anticipate problems and defend against them at the right time. You can understand how the problem fits into the larger picture. You can articulate the problem and help others to do it. You can build problem-solving capabilities in others.
- Product Ownership | Use a range of product management principles and approaches. You can capture user needs and translate them into deliverables. You can define the minimum viable product (MVP) and make decisions about priorities. You can write user stories and acceptance criteria. You can effectively work with a range of specialists in multidisciplinary teams.
- Strategic Ownership | effectively focus on outcomes rather than solutions. You can develop ambitious visions and strategies. You can get the organisation and team to buy in. You can translate the vision into prioritised deliverable goals.
- Customer Focus | give direction on which tools or methods to use. You can demonstrate experience in meeting the needs of users across a variety of channels. You can bring insight and expertise in how user needs have changed over time to ensure they’re met by the business. You can apply strategic thinking to provide the best service for the end user.
- Incident Management | be accountable for the managing the resolution of all Major and High Business profile incidents through to successful conclusion.
Within your role, you will support the Programme Manager to lead a multi-disciplined team, comprising of a range of matrix resources across the MoD IS Programme:
- Supply Chain Management / Procurement Agents.
- Project Management Staff.
- Security & Assurance.
- Capability / Functional Resources.
Please apply asap for this role, as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Candidates must have current legal authorization to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants.
Due to the nature of the role and the programme of work this position is supporting, the successful candidate should be a UK national only (no Dual citizenship) and have either a current, valid and active Security clearance or be eligible to go through Security clearance vetting process.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. We are a Disability Confident Committed employer and welcome applications from candidates with disabilities. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process. Accommodations may include but are not limited to: conducting interviews in accessible locations that accommodate mobility needs, encouraging candidates to bring and use any existing assistive technology such as screen readers and offering flexible interview formats such as virtual or phone interviews.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award