E-7 Ground Segment Proposal Lead Systems Engineer
Here, systems engineering means integrating performance, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability and human systems into all of our products and solutions. In other words, you’ll build the future of Boeing.
of the time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Systems Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ At Boeing, we work in space. We work in air traffic management. We build airplanes. It’s really rewarding to see work that we do in a lab develop into an amazing product. That’s a daily occurrence. ”Suzanne Hawkins Systems Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
E-7 Ground Segment Proposal Lead Systems Engineer
We're looking to hire a Lead Systems Engineer to work within the engineering function in Boeing Defence UK (BDUK). BDUK is a subsidiary of the Boeing Company and currently employs over 1,200 people in the UK. BDUK is responsible for delivering several exciting contracts to our UK defence customers including E-7 AEW&C, P-8A Maritime Patrol Aircraft, C4ISTAR Services, Through Life Support for the Chinook & Apache Fleets, Logistic Information Services and Training Services
As part of the engineering function, the successful candidate will have a primary focus on leading the systems engineering activities for the development of systems that will support the entry into service of the RAF’s E-7 AEW&C capability as well as the opportunity to work on a variety of programmes, business development opportunities and contribute to engineering excellence across the company
The successful candidate for this position will be responsible to the Boeing Defence UK Systems Engineering Manager for technical management and design of systems solutions, providing technical input for all aspects of projects, including design and system integration and providing support in order to facilitate the delivery of projects within time and budget, and maintain customer satisfaction.
The role is fundamental in translating customer needs/requirements into appropriate solutions. It requires the successful candidate to lead multidisciplinary teams to both generate proposals and develop deliverable solutions. He/she will provide Systems Engineering expertise across all stages of the project lifecycle and be responsible for translating perceived customer needs in to acceptable systems solutions
- Working collaboratively as part of an integrated Boeing and supplier team to jointly deliver cost effective fieldable solutions
- Review technical aspects of Invitations to Tender and specifications and assess customer technical requirements; Plan, organise and monitor the work of other Engineers to ensure all targets and quality standards are met at all times; provide technical oversight to suppliers; instill engineering best practices and processes to enhance engineering excellence and promote continuous improvement
- Leading the team determining, managing and addressing customer RFP requirements
- Leading Solution design activities that address customer service and system requirements, including co-ordination of Engineering WBS, Estimates, Schedules, Bills of Materials and Service provision
- Leading System Design including aspects of: Architectural design, Concept generation, Functional analysis, Interface Management, Maintaining Design Integrity, Modelling and Simulation, Select Preferred Solution, System Robustness, Integration & Verification, Validation and Transition to Operation
- Systems Engineering Management, including: Integration of Specialisms; Lifecycle Process Definition; Planning, Monitoring and Control, including tailoring of generic processes, the identification, assessment, analysis and control of systems engineering risks and monitoring and control of progress
- The application of the fundamental concepts of systems thinking to systems engineering. These include: understanding what a system is; its context within its environment; its boundaries and interfaces; its lifecycle and an appreciation of the role the system plays in the super system of which it is a part.
- The definition, development and production of systems within an enterprise and technological environment.
- The tailoring and application of engineering initiatives, best practices and processes.
What we're looking for:
A Degree level (or equivalent) qualification in Engineering, Systems Engineering, or and engineering related field is preferred (but not essential) with extensive experience in developing, delivering and/or managing systems/services. The ideal candidate will have Project Engineering Experience (Requirements Analysis, System Design, Project Planning,); Excellent SE knowledge and skills, Good IT skills; Excellent Customer Facing Skills. He / she will also have extensive experience in some of the following areas: C4ISTAR, Air Platforms, Mission Systems, Communications Systems and Networks, Training Systems and Training Related Technology
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE
Individual Contributor - 4
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.