Engineering Manager (Aircraft Certification)Bristol, England; Yeovil, England; Frimley, England
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
BDUK is a subsidiary of the Boeing Company and currently employs over 1,800 people in the UK. BDUK is responsible for delivering several exciting contracts to our UK defence customers including the E-7 Airborne Early Warning and Control, the P-8A Maritime Patrol Aircraft, C4ISTAR Services, through life sustainment for the Chinook & Apache Fleets, Logistic Information Services and Training Services.
Working at the forefront of the defence industry on our cutting-edge fixed-wing, vertical lift and digital programmes brings continuous challenges that require creative solutions. This fast-paced and dynamic environment means that it is highly unlikely that any two days will be the same. While working in such agile settings, your wellbeing is very important to us; we strive for a healthy work-life balance with a supportive culture which fosters collaboration, innovation and first-time quality. As a BDUK employee, you will have the freedom to choose a healthy work-life balance through flexible working arrangements, incentive programmes and access to a range of resources and tools to support your growth and wellbeing. This includes our industry-leading Boeing Learning Together program which offers generous funding to help you enhance your skills — and learn new ones — at hundreds of accredited colleges and universities across the globe.
BDUK continues to grow the scope and scale of products and services offered to UK Military customers. We also are working with colleagues across the Boeing Company to align engineering practices to enhance a global approach to engineering that can support country-specific regulatory and legislative requirements. The role will be key to developing UK-based engineering Design capability to support UK Air Systems. We also wish to align our approach to support to non-aerospace activities within the UK by drawing on aviation best practice where appropriate.
As part of the development of MRP-compliant Industry support to a range of Air Systems programmes, a dynamic and experienced aviation leader is sought to lead and grow an effective military certification and airworthiness team. This is a Full-Time role with hybrid working options, based at Bristol, Yeovil or Frimley sites.
- Development and execution of an organizational framework to deliver effective MAA MRP compliant Type Airworthiness Engineering Support to BDUK Platforms
- Recruit, develop, and retain employees to ensure a successful engineering team
- Plan, identify, and coordinate allocation of resources required to meet program goals
- Assess and update engineering processes to resolve issues and address areas for continuous improvement
- Expansion of the principles of military air system certification assurance into all relevant domains involving BDUK products and services
- Coordination of Design Organisation Office of Airworthiness activities and oversight
- Coordination of Engineering Compliance and Assurance activity and integration with the BDUK Quality Management System and Safety Management System
Preferred skills and competencies:
- Significant experience in the application of EASA, FAA or MAA Regulations and type airworthiness policies and processes
- At least 3 years’ experience in leading or supervising engineering teams
- Engineering Council registration (CEng or IEng) in an engineering field relating to aerospace engineering
- Able to demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively on the planning of work, and develop/use meaningful metrics to evaluate compliance status and provide performance visibility
- Able to effectively execute opportunities to improve strategies, processes and project plans
- The candidate should possess strong communication skills, technical competency, and skills with project management concepts/tools
Work Authorisation: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
Security Clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security clearance for which the Government requires UK Citizenship.
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
The Boeing benefits package goes above and beyond, focusing on your physical, emotional, financial and social well-being. Here’s a snapshot of what we offer:
- Competitive salary and annual incentive plans
- Continuous learning - you’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next
- Success as defined by you - we’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way
- Diverse and inclusive culture - you’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs
- 23 days plus UK public holidays and a Winter Break between Christmas and New Year
- Pension Plan with up to 10% employer contribution
- Company paid BUPA Medical Plan
- Short Term Sickness: 100% pay for the first 26 weeks
- Long Term Sickness: 66.67% of annual salary from 27th week
- 6x annual salary life insurance
- Learning Together Programme to support your on-going personal and career development
- Access to Boeing’s Well Being Programs, tool and incentives
- 6 weeks paternity leave
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
No featured jobs. View All Opportunities
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities
No saved jobs. View All Opportunities