Enterprise Security ArchitectBristol, England
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing’s Digital Services and Analytics (DS&A) function is responsible for delivering programmes of work into the defence and security sectors across the UK.
An opportunity has arisen for an Enterprise Security Architect (EA) to join an existing group of EA’s with a primary focus on driving our strategy for enabling services across our defence programmes.
The Enterprise Architect is responsible for leading enterprise responses to business change by identifying, analysing and recommending the execution of change toward the desired business vision and outcomes. The role of the enterprise Architect requires collaboration with other Boeing Regional Architects/Boeing Enterprise, providing design authority and governance of enterprise strategy, policy and tools
The successful candidate must be able to gain the confidence of both business and technical staff and act as a conduit between both groups at national and international levels. The successful candidate will be a strong communicator able to present ideas, facilitate workshops and draw out the analysis needs of the businesses. The candidate must be a self-starter with experience of working in a matrix organisation with the ability to discuss ideas and concepts with staff of all levels. Stakeholder engagement is an important aspect of this role.
The job will be based in Bristol but will require travel to the other locations as needed
Provide technical architectural leadership to improve operational performance, drive digital innovation and leverage Enterprise capabilities throughout the organisation.
Provide Enterprise Architecture design authority and governance for the BDUK Classified Network
Provide architectural leadership within the architecture team, as well as coaching and mentoring.
Leverage Boeing enterprise capability and best practices to enhance architecture practices, tools and knowledge of teams across regions.
- Have demonstrable technical security knowledge and be able to explain the importance of security in everything we do. You should also be able to demonstrate a complete understanding of the relationship of risk and security in the design of IT security solutions.
- Be able to effectively communicate both orally and written, and have the ability to persuasively present and justify secure architecture design principles.
- The ability to communicate with multiple client stakeholders both technical and non-technical and tailor your approach accordingly. Your technical knowledge and understanding should be evidenced with appropriate professional qualifications.
- Knowledge of government security standards and processes such as ISO27001 standards, CEF, Cyber Essentials, NIST & Cyber Essentials Plus, GDPR and DCPP.
- Experience of delivering secure service solutions against project expectations.
- Awareness of industry best practice.
- Excellent communication and planning skills are required for this role. Understanding of Zero Trust methodology.
- Provide an accurate categorisation of threats, threat actors and vulnerabilities, delivered through the completion of security threat and risk assessments of ICT and / or OT systems.
- Development of security policies, procedures and plans, to ensure effective governance.
- Experience of Patch and Vulnerability management and governance.
- Understanding of SOC/SIEM delivery and actions out of reporting.
- Knowledge of Security testing to build a compliance state.
- A good all round knowledge of core infrastructure and systems.
- Experience of driving change in a complex environment.
- Experience of defence, blue light and/or government organisations.
- Experience of working within a multinational matrix management environment / structure and a large-scale, complex international organization, but also within small teams.
Hybrid work environment
SC clearance - willingness and eligibility to undergo is required
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply asap for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award