Enterprise Technical ArchitectBristol, England
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing’s Defence Uk DS&A Function is responsible for delivering programmes of work into the defence and security sectors across the UK
An opportunity has arisen for an Enterprise Architect (EA) to join an existing group of EA’s but with a primary focus on domain governance of the E7 Infrastructure Design.
The Enterprise Architect is responsible for leading enterprise responses to business change by identifying, analysing and recommending the execution of change toward the desired business vision and outcomes.
The successful candidate must be able to gain the confidence of both business and technical staff and act as a conduit between both groups at national and international levels. The successful candidate will be a strong communicator able to present ideas, facilitate workshops and draw out the analysis needs of the businesses. The candidate must be a self-starter with experience of working in a matrix organisation with the ability to discuss ideas and concepts with staff of all levels. Stakeholder engagement is an important aspect of this role.
The job will be based in Bristol / Virtual but International Travel will also be required
• Provide technical architectural leadership to improve operational performance, drive digital innovation and leverage Enterprise capabilities throughout the organisation.
• Act as the Enterprise Architecture focal for E7 Infrastructure Design, part of the ‘One Boeing’ strategy of regional and enterprise architecture.
• Provide architectural leadership within the architecture team, as well as coaching and mentoring.
• Leverage Boeing enterprise capability and best practices to enhance architecture practices, tools and knowledge of teams across regions.
Education & Experience:
• Degree level education background preferred.
• A proven track record of delivering business value from IT either by aiding customers to develop and govern their enterprise architecture or by providing innovative solution architecture in response to a particular business need
• Managing local IS Architecture in a complex organisation across multiple stakeholders and supplier relationships
• Delivery of (or extensive work with) large scale IT out-sourcing
• Digital Strategy & innovation
• Capable of operating at board level, influencing and leading senior executive stakeholders and customers in the value of driving a digital first strategy
• Managing and interpreting performance to enable business improvements
• Proven thought, technical and people leadership ability
• Have a track record with a blue chip consulting or systems integration firm or as an IT Senior Leader within a leading Enterprise/Organisation
• Excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills covering colleagues, partners / vendors and project sponsors
• Understanding of the cost and value drivers of IS and business
• Technical integration with external parties (commercial and public sector)
• Establishing architecture standards within the specialist discipline of applications/data
• Providing advice to the business, including offering solutions to business need that meet architecture requirements
• Extensive experience in the application and exploitation of Cyber technologies in a global domain
• Broad experience across IT systems and products, including both legacy and modern digital technologies
• Experienced in Enterprise Architecture, Big Data, Analytics, AI/MI, VR/AR technologies and application to drive business value
• Experience in applying consultancy approaches and techniques
• Experience of business case development and investment appraisal
• Experience of a range of delivery methods (waterfall, agile, DevOps, etc.)
• Experience of legacy estate rationalisation
• Experience of working with external suppliers in a highly commercial environment
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply asap for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award