Environments Specialist - Bristol (Hybrid Working)Bristol, England
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
IT Environment Management Specialist
THIS ROLE WILL BE A HYBRID ROLE, CONSISTING OF 2 DAYS IN THE OFFICE AND THE REMAINING TIME REMOTE/HOME WORKING
Under the Inventory Management of the Ministry of Defence IS Programme portfolio of services , BDUK developed and deployed a new modern IT product for the Air community, known as BIWMS.
As part of the recently signed 5 year deal with the MoD, we are building a new project team to further develop this product and migrate the Land and Maritime communities from their legacy IT systems onto BIWMS. With over 1 million unique parts and over 4000 current users, this major project is targeted to deliver into service by March 2025 with the retirement of legacy services to follow.
BIWMS is built around the Tapestry Technologies GOLDesp COTS product with the addition of a Forecast and Planning tool and the Boeing designed and built message handling capabilities between the various interfacing systems. It consists of application, middleware and database layers across multiple environments such as Production (Live), Pre-Production, Test, Development, Disaster Recovery, that need to be developed, supported and managed inline with the project and business needs.
This technically focused role is to be the primary BIWMS project focal for the management of the environments estate.
The primary list of activities include:
- Coordinates the deployment of applications and hardware changes to the different environments ensuring the consistency and availability of the environments to support product development, testing and deployment
- Responsible for defining and implementing the continuous integration pipeline through all environments starting from Development through to Production
- Liaise with all suppliers in planning the application drops from them
- Liaise with all internal stakeholders (such as the infrastructure team) to ensure the availability of all necessary environments with the required application landscape to facilitate the project scope of work
- Coordinates release plans for iterative UAT and full system UAT
- Coordinates with the Implementation Manager to build release plans for implementation rehearsals and product deployment.
- Experience with specific technologies with regard to Continuous Integration Pipeline/DevOps
- Experience with the Openshift platform
- Knowledge of the ITIL framework and release processes
- Ability to remain calm under pressure or through demanding challenges
- Good analytical and fault investigation skills
- Can work on their own and as part of a team
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in agile projects (mainly reporting/analysing progress and velocity)
- Experience of working within the Defence sector
- Exposure to Jenkins, Ansible, JIRA
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security Clearance for which the UK Government requires UK residency. The successful candidate will hold, or have the ability to obtain, Security Clearance (SC).
All information will be checked and verified.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award