Experienced Network EngineerBristol, England; Milton Keynes, England
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
An exciting opportunity has become available to join Boeing Defence UK (BDUK) team as a Network Engineer based in Bristol, UK or Milton Keynes, UK.
Boeing Defence UK Limited (BDUK) is responsible for delivering IT services to a number of customers both internal and external throughout the UK. As part of this integration process, a dedicated IT capability is being supported within the UK that can draw upon the considerable IT resources of the worldwide Boeing Company to deliver complex solutions to the business and its clients.
An opportunity has arisen for a Network Engineer to support the IT network infrastructure to meet business requirements. As a part of the infrastructure team within a large enterprise environment, the role requires a broad set of skills and a high degree of flexibility and adaptability.
Typical activities in the role of Network Engineer will include, but will not be limited to the below responsibilities:
- Supporting network infrastructure changes to the UK IT and Support Chain Information Services (SCIS) programme environments in order to meet the developing requirements of the business
- Supporting new and additional networks and data centre facilities
- Liaising with Boeing US support groups to leverage the capabilities of the wider group
- Evaluating new technologies and toolsets for use within Boeing
The job holder should not be constrained by a rigid job specification and should be willing to pick up additional duties as necessary.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a UK SECURITY CHECK.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
- Experience with network design and architecture
- Experience with Software Defined Networking
- Experience with dealing with customers, suppliers and teammates in a professional manner
- Experience with all or some of the following: Linux operating systems, VMware, containerization, Juniper SSL, Security appliance terminology, infoblox DNS/DHCP Management, System log management and network/server monitoring
- Knowledge of network technologies server computing systems including operating systems, networks, hardware, software packages and utilities, computer control languages and commands
- Proficiency in the usage of standard applicable computing disciplines including change, configuration, problem, performance, and operational management
- Proficiency in analyzing, managing and maintaining network topology, network devices, routers, firewall’s, servers and server delivery systems, subsystems, and components
- Proven experience as a Network Engineer with strong Cisco CCNA, CCNP or equivalent, Cisco Switching, and building resilient TCP/IP Networks, Firewall (ASA, Checkpoint, Juniper Netscreen) and VPN technologies, F5 load balancer and CISCOs ACI
- Excellent skills in Cisco routing and Cisco switching (Ideally including OSPF and IP protocol experience i.e. SNMP, SMTP, DNS, DHCP, NTP, HTTP)
- Excellent technical written and verbal communication skills
- Ideally a degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
The candidate should be comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels within the organization and be confident representing BDUK to external clients and partners. The role may require possible travel within the UK and possible occasional travel to the USA in the future.
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply for this role as soon as possible, as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Important information regarding this requisition: This role also may require some flexibility as off-hours support will occasionally be required to support service monitoring.
At Boeing, diversity, equity, and inclusion are enduring company values. We strive to live these values every day not only because it’s the right thing to do, but because our success depends on it. The company’s commitment to diversity and inclusion means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and equitable, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More