Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
As Boeing Defence UK (BDUK) continues to grow the need for Accurate, Timely, Reliable and Standardised financial reporting is increasing to enable good business decision making at both the program and the entity level within BDUK.
The successful candidate will provide FP&A support to the BDUK Senior Finance Manager, BDUK Senior Business Manager, Business partners, and other BDUK stakeholders.
The FP&A team provide support in Strategic Planning, Operational Planning and detailed Financial Planning.
A wholly-owned subsidiary of The Boeing Company and a business unit of Boeing Defense, Space and Security, Boeing Defence UK Ltd. (BDUK), currently has employees at multiple locations throughout the UK supporting the UK Ministry of Defence, Staffordshire Police Force and U.S. military programs
BDUK is a complex, growing business and the need for robust management information (MI) has never been greater. The FP&A team is responsible for MI requirements across the business. One Boeing Finance of the Future is driving a culture of greater alignment and this new role will hold responsibility for a significant portion of the BDUK FP&A Programme requirements.
The success of our international business growth plans under the Global 2025 initiative will be founded on the ability to balance solid growth through sound investment decisions whilst balancing cost to drive improved profit margins. This role is at the forefront of this activity, focusing on delivering improved management information to support cost management strategies and investment decisions across a large element of the BDUK portfolios.
- Deliver strong business partnering to BDUK Programme stakeholders, facilitating the collation of Orders, Revenue, Earnings and Cash Forecast inputs in addition to Headcount and Opex forecasting.
- Deliver Monthly Reporting of variance explanations against forecast to key Programme stakeholders and BDUK Finance functional leadership.
- Lead the Long Range Business Planning cycles (LRBP) for assigned Programme business areas.
- Providing Support to BDUK Finance improvement initiatives including developing financial tools & processes.
- Support business decision making using advanced financial modelling capabilities.
- Provide financial support to focus projects and key initiatives across the assigned Programme areas.
BDS Global Operations
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
- Advanced presentation skills to communicate complex data analysis both visually and verbally, including to senior LT level non-financial management
- Advance data analysis skills both numerically and written, able to influence decision making through strong data provision
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Strong attention to detail
- Build Positive Relationships and focus on customer satisfaction
- Business (Financial) Acumen
- Strong Communication skills
- Contributing To Team Success
- Background in Accounting, Economics or Qualified accountant (CIMA / ACCA preferred).
- Experience of working in a long-term contract accounting environment
- Detailed working knowledge of financial planning, budgeting, and management techniques
- Advanced Excel skills preferably with experience of Access integration and macro development.
- Dynamic, self starter used to operating in a complex and fast moving environment. This is a hands on role so ability to support, deliver results and communicate effectively at all levels and across business functions is a must. A personable individual with the ability to influence and contribute as a true business partner.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply asap for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award