Fixed Wing Systems Product Lifecycle Management SpecialistBristol, England; Yeovil, England
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defence UK is looking for a Fixed Wing Systems Product Lifecycle Management Specialist based in Bristol or Yeovil, United Kingdom.
Fixed Wing Systems Product Lifecycle Management Specialist is required to provide Configuration and Data Management support and guidance to BDUK Fixed Wing Systems programmes and campaigns (P-8A Poseidon and E-7 Wedgetail).
The role will be include but not be limited to:
• Responsible for the deployment of Boeing configuration processes and the execution of process controls.
• The upfront development, interpretation and understanding of Customer requirements.
• The planning and implementation of Configuration and Data Management.
• Support the deployment of a standardised configuration management process throughout the organisation.
• Identify risks, issues and opportunities and support the development of mitigation plans.
• Collaborate and assist with developing the standardisation of configuration tool sets (including security and access) to meet company requirements.
• Interfaces with Boeing bid and programme teams to drive the company configuration management requirements into contract initiation and review.
• Provide input to Supplier Statements of Work for Configuration and Data Management proposals.
• Provide input to the company budgetary/ forecast cycle relating to configuration management activities.
Programme CM Specific:
• Provide and adhere to Configuration and Data Management requirements as documented within the programs contracted Configuration Management requirements.
• Liaise with customer and suppliers to agree joint working procedures and processes.
• Has overall responsibility for configuration deliverables, driving the generation and delivery in accordance with Boeing procedures and contractual requirements, including configuration management plans.
• Act as the Boeing point of contact for customer or regulatory external Configuration Management Audits.
• Has overall responsibility for programme control boards, ensuring they are held and conducted consistently across all Fixed WIng programmes.
• Responsible for the delivery of required output of control boards and timely closure of actions.
• Provide Configuration Management support at design reviews and programme reviews.
Data Management Specific:
• Tracks and reports data transmissions, monitoring adherence to company and regulatory data configuration and contractual requirements.
• Tracking and processing of customer contracted data and supplier data deliverables.
• Responsible for ensuring adherence to Export Compliance, Manufacturing License Agreement (MLA's), Security and Intellectual Property regulations and Boeing information protection processes.
• Supports audits and reviews to ensure products meet requirements.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE.
• Good knowledge of contractual configuration management regulatory and International Standards.
• A high level of knowledge of CM and programme management principles and processes.
• Has Commercial and financial awareness.
• General knowledge of design, test and manufacturing procedures.
• Good knowledge of key functional disciplines including engineering, operations, Customer Support Training and procurement.
• Good interpersonal, facilitation and problem solving skills.
• Ability to interpret engineering drawings and manufacturing planning methods.
• Able to establish high effective internal and external networks.
• High concern for detail and quality.
• Excellent communication skills – verbal, written electronic across all levels.
• Ability to plan and deliver own workload.
• High degree of IT literacy.
• Is a CMII practitioner or has equivalent experience or qualification .
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOUR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
At Boeing, diversity, equity, and inclusion are enduring company values. We strive to live these values every day not only because it’s the right thing to do, but because our success depends on it. The company’s commitment to diversity and inclusion means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and equitable, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
Contingent Upon Program Award
Yes, this position is contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More