Human Factors EngineerBristol, England; Frimley, England
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
BDUK is a subsidiary of the Boeing Company and currently employs over 1,200 people in the UK. BDUK is responsible for delivering several exciting contracts to our UK Defence customers including E-7 AEW&C, P-8A Maritime Patrol Aircraft, C4ISR Services, Through-Life Support for the Chinook & Apache Fleets, Logistic Information Services and Training Services
This post is for a Human Factors Systems Engineer to work within the Systems Engineering Team in Boeing Defence UK (BDUK).
Given the structure and the way in which the Engineering function works, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on a variety of the above mentioned programmes, business development opportunities and also to contribute to Engineering excellence across the company
The successful candidate will provide Human Factors Engineering (HFE) support to help ensure that HFE is fully integrated on our programmes, working collaboratively with other specialty disciplines that typically interface with HFE.
- Support the development of HFE Programmes and Business Development activities in accordance with HFE standards, in particular with the MoD’s Def Stan 00-251. This includes:
- Development of Human Factors Engineering Integration Plans
- Identification of appropriate Human Factors Engineering methods and tools
- Defining Target Audience Descriptions
- Undertaking Human Performance Assessment
- Carrying out Task Analysis
- Carrying out Usability assessment
- Developing and maintaining Human Factors Issues logs
- Influencing design through Human Factors Assessment
- Derivation of Human Factors design requirements
- Close liaison with other Boeing, customer and supplier technical disciplines to ensure appropriate evidence is available to support the Human Factors programme
- Supporting BDUK, customer and supplier Human Factors meetings and working groups
- Support the preparation and present Human Factors input to design reviews
- Participate in programme planning and support for Human Factors activities
- Identify risks, issues and opportunities and support the development of mitigation plans
- Support the development and maintenance of BDUK HFE strategy and processes which will also require liaising with International HF colleagues (mainly US and Australia)
This role will require working closely with the BDUK Safety Team and other functions across BDUK (e.g. Operations, Programme Management, Business Development, Supplier Chain Management,).
Ideally the successfully candidate will also have experience of Systems Engineering aspects (e.g. requirements capture and management, functional analysis, design and integration, test and acceptance, technical management) across a project lifecycle.
What We're Looking for:
- Ideally you will have a degree level qualification in a Human Factors related discipline, or Systems Engineering related field, and be a member of a recognised professional body such as the Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors with 2 years demonstrable experience in the application of Human Factors Engineering, in Defence or other high hazard industries.
- Experience in some of the following areas is desirable: C4ISR, Air Platforms, Logistics Management Systems, Training Systems and Training Related Technology.
- Demonstrate the ability to approach a problem methodically and recommend appropriate solutions or recommendations.
- Demonstrate the ability to work successfully within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Assist with removal of obstacles by early identification of where help is needed and coordinating with the appropriate technical leaders and team members
- Show initiative and comfortable working independently when required.
• Eligible to gain security clearance
• Some UK and international travel is expected.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOUR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award