ILS Engineer - IS CommsBristol, England
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, Boeing is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Boeing has implemented a new COVID-19 Vaccination Policy in Australia that requires all new Boeing Australia hires to show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved medical exception by 3 December 2021. For Victorian based employees, the compliance date is 26 November 2021.
All other global Boeing locations do not have a vaccination requirement at this time.
Boeing Defence UK is looking for an ILS Engineer (Integrated Support Planning & Management).
Boeing Defence UK operates an engineering matrix organisation consisting of engineering capabilities that deliver technical skills, expertise and products into our programmes. One of the capabilities is Product Support Engineering (ILS Engineering) which provides the product supportability infrastructure comprising the following technical areas:
- Logistic Support Analysis
- Reliability and Maintainability
- Reliability Centred Maintenance Analysis
- Engineering Data Exploitation
- Integrated Logistic Support Engineering and
- Technical Publications
The Integrated Logistics Support Engineer IS Comms will lead the IS Comms effort reporting to the BDUK ILS Manager through the BDUK Lead ILS Engineer
- Initially support the generation of the proposal, Supporting Documentation and BOEs, reviewing the SOR and SOW accordingly.
- Support to the generation, review and assessment of tech services (ILS) documentation.
- Support contingency planning and requirements to progress from proposal through to sustainment, taking responsibility for ILS In-Service Support.
- Preparation of material for briefings, meetings and formal working groups (internal and external).
- Attendance as required at internal, supplier and customer meetings.
- Liaison with Systems functions (Engineering, Technical Publications, SCM, Training, Programme Management and Security) to ensure Tech Services remains informed and aligned with wider BDUK developments and progress.
- Liaison with the Customer on specific areas of Technical Services.
- Co-ordinate Technical Services deliverables (CDRLs) ensuring timely inputs are received, reviewed and the final output is ready for approval and acceptance process.
- Highlight any issues or opportunities within Technical Services at the earliest possible point and where required support mitigation and development plans for addressing highlighted concerns.
- Work as directed by the BDUK Lead ILS Engineer and the BDUK ILS Manager
What we're looking for:
- A thorough understanding of Support Engineering in the Military environment.
- An understanding and previous experience in IS based equipment and Systems.
- An understanding of the derivation and creation of Support Product documentation.
- Ability to work with the cross functional business stakeholders to identify optimisation, opportunities and ways in which suppliers can enhance our offering to our customers.
- Ability to liaise with the OEM platform side of Boeing to integrate UK solution with those that exist on the base platforms.
- Proven ability to drive first time quality.
- Understanding of the principals of estimating
- Ideally you will be educated to degree level in a relevant Engineering subject (not essential)=
- Essential to have experience of ILS in the Military environment.
- Essential to have experience in proposals; either creation of or receiving/reviewing.
- Essential to have experience with specifying or creating an Integrated Support Plan.
- Essential to be able to obtain UK SC security clearance
- Experience of ITIL is highly desirable.
- Experience of working with international support standards such as Def Stan 00-600, ASD/AIA Suite of S Series ILS Specifications is desirable.
- Experience of working and developing Basis of Estimates for proposals is desirable
Other job related information:
This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. CANDIDATES MUST BE A UK CITIZEN AND HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IN THE UK. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S.-based payroll. Level of role offered will be dependent on level of experience
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.