ILS Engineer (Strategy & New Business)Bristol, England
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defence UK is looking for an ILS Engineer (Integrated Support Planning & Management) to support New Business proposals/ development and Department strategy. This is a full time role based at Bristol with hybrid working options.
Boeing Defence UK operates an engineering matrix organisation consisting of engineering capabilities that deliver technical skills, expertise and products into our programmes. One of the capabilities is Product Support Engineering (ILS Engineering) which provides the product supportability infrastructure comprising the following technical areas:
- Logistic Support Analysis
- Reliability and Maintainability
- Reliability Centred Maintenance Analysis
- Engineering Data Exploitation
- Obsolescence Management
- Integrated Logistic Support Engineering and
- Technical Publications
We are looking for a wide ranging experienced Integrated Logistics Support Engineer to fill this exciting and challenging position; to be the focal for New Business (NB) and R&D Activities across the wide BDUK portfolio from Aircraft through Communications and IT systems to Space. They will report to the BDUK ILS Manager through the BDUK ILS Strategy Technical Lead Engineer.
The NB ILS Engineer will:
- Be the Supportability Focal for R&D efforts in BDUK, Liaising with the BDUK R&D team to ensure Supportability is considered at the outset.
- Using an understanding of the BDUK proposal process, you will consult with customer and company representatives for ILS input during the initial proposal concept phase, interfacing with labour and material estimating to ensure an accurate and reasonable cost package is developed, post contract award, monitor programme/task status and performance.
- Generate, review and assess ILS documentation.
- Highlight any issues or opportunities at the earliest possible point and where required support mitigation and development plans for addressing highlighted concerns.
- Support contingency planning and requirements to progress through the various stages of proposals and Development.
- Assist the BDUK ILS Strategy Lead with the development of ILS Strategy within the BDUK business; liaising with International Standards committee/ working Groups, Def Stan 00-600 Working Groups and Team Defence initiatives.
- Preparation of material for briefings, meetings and formal working groups (internal and external).
- Attendance as required at internal, supplier and customer meetings.
- Liaison with Systems functions (Engineering, Technical Publications, SCM, Training, Programme Management and Security) to ensure coherent alignment with wider BDUK developments and progress.
- Co-ordinate ILS deliverables (CDRLs) across all programmes, ensuring timely inputs from the ILS Capability Groups are received, reviewed and the final output is ready for approval and acceptance process.
- Be expected to act as an ILS Champion; briefing internally and externally on ILS and its benefits, identifying, communicating and influencing future business opportunities.
- Work as directed by the BDUK ILS Strategy Lead Engineer and the BDUK Product Support (ILS) Manager.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate some of these key skills:
- A thorough understanding of Support Engineering in the Military environment.
- An understanding of the derivation and creation of Support Product documentation.
- Ability to work with the cross functional business stakeholders to identify optimisation opportunities and ways in which suppliers can enhance our offering to our clients.
- Ability to liaise with the OEM platform side of Boeing to integrate the UK solution
- Ability to specify and then capture usage data and assess reliability.
- Proven ability to drive first time quality.
- Understanding of the principals of estimating.
- An understanding of the principles of Risk Management
Education & Experience Required:
Educated to degree level in a relevant Engineering subject or equivalent Professional Membership
Experience in ILS in the UK Military environment is essential
Experience of ITIL is highly desirable
Experience of working with International support standards such as Def Stan 00-600, ASD/AIA Suite of S Series ILS Specifications is highly desirable
Work Authorisation: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll
Security Clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security clearance for which the Government requires UK Citizenship
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
- Software Engineering Intern Gdansk, Pomerania, Poland 07/01/2022
- Business University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- Engineering University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- IT University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities