Information Technology ManagerBristol, England
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Digital Services and Analytics team within BDUK enables critical delivery across the organisation by providing key capabilities across the digital spectrum for various programmes. The team are looking for an experienced and motivated Information Technology manager to support the initiative across the organisation to adopt new working practices. The role will also have responsibility to support key deliverables within the digital services team. Reporting into the Head of Digital Services the role will directly manage a team of business analysts and support wider teams to enable implementing new working practices and be a champion for continuous improvement.
30/60/90 day plan:
30 days: Understand the current state of progress across your team and the wider department on the methodologies in use and identify areas of improvement.
60 days: Present details on the as-is state of the current implementation of new processes within the team and a plan to get to a desired stable state within a specified timeframe.
90 days: Collaborate with managers across the organisation to prepare a plan for implementing new toolset and culture at scale.
The business analysis team is critical to this and the manager would have direct line management of this team.
- Experience of leading multi-disciplinary teams within matrix management structure
- Cross team collaboration and navigating organisational politics to achieve outcomes
- Responsibility for training and development of the team members
- Be able to create an environment where the analysis and technical teams can thrive and communication flows between team members without having to go through hierarchies.
- Previous experience of using multiple methodologies - Waterfall, Agile, DevOps.
- Experience in transforming delivery teams to use different working methodologies
- Experience of using collaboration tools like JIRA, Confluence
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with experience of briefing up-to board level
- Highlighting risks/issues effectively and timely so these can be addressed in time. Identifying opportunities with business case to improve the current state and question the status-quo.
- Experience in developing strategies for small teams to large organisations
- Understanding of ITIL concepts and their application in IT operations
- Recent examples of the individual having led large teams towards agile delivery or DevOps frameworks would be expected
- Experience of line managing between 8-15 team members and responsibility for their coaching and development
- Understanding of the impact of culture change as part of transformation process
- Background in business analysis would be preferred
- Previous experience of working within defence industry would be beneficial
What you can expect:
- Excellent benefits which are part of the global Boeing company
- Opportunities to grow both within the UK and international Boeing organisation
- A wealth of experience working with a spread of customers at various levels within the UK MoD and armed forces
- Brilliant training and development opportunities
- Hybrid working (depending on business needs)
- A cohesive and open culture with individuals with varied interests to share your hobbies/interests or collaborate on charity projects outside work
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security Clearance for which the UK Government requires UK residency. The successful candidate will hold, or have the ability to obtain, Security Clearance (SC).
All information will be checked and verified.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
- Software Engineering Intern Gdansk, Pomerania, Poland 07/01/2022
- Business University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- Engineering University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- IT University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities