Information Technology: Rotational GraduateBristol, England; Birmingham, England; Brize Norton, England; Lossiemouth, Scotland; Fleet, England; Frimley, England; Salisbury, England; Gosport, England
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Starting in 2022, the two-year scheme will see the successful applicants undertake four six-month placements across a number of key disciplines, in different UK locations.
The scheme will provide the successful graduate a chance to cover a diverse range of areas, fundamental to understanding successful IT roles within Boeing. We put an emphasis on learning in the workplace with live projects, working across multiple teams and location, supported by theoretical learning and support from colleagues and the Early Careers team.
The successful candidate will perform a number of roles during their time on the scheme interacting with multiple areas of the company such as Boeing Defence UK (BDUK), Boeing Commercial Aviation Services Europe Limited (BCASEL), or Boeing Flight Service (BFS).
Rotations may involve working on any of the following areas:
Data Analytics. This team will work with big data platforms and commercial analytic toolsets such as Cognos, Tableau, Kibana and Power BI to provide dash boarding capabilities against specified requirements
Enterprise Architecture. Working with enterprise architecture defines our structure and operation within Boeing. Within this team you will work to determine how we can be more efficient in our current market and future goals.
Business Analysis. During this rotation you will be required to engage proactively with business departments to identify and define business requirements, then reach across to the rest of Boeing Defence UK IT resources, wider Boeing teams and external suppliers to deliver solutions. As a part of a small team within a very large enterprise, the role requires a high degree of flexibility and adaptability. Graduates must be “hands on” in their approach whilst always maintaining a focus on the higher level priorities of the business.
Cyber Security Operations Centre (CSOC). The CSOC team proactively hunt for suspicious or anomalous activity. As well as responding to security events, requests and incidents, you may be recording activity in management systems, monitor the security posture of the IT estate and identify anomalous activity and behaviours by the use of Security information and event management tools, or perform in-depth analysis of log files, systems and network traffic.
Within our Graduate scheme you will also have the opportunity to;
- Work directly with a mentor in your field of study while finding solutions to real world problems
- Experience our products and systems up close
- Direct interaction with our company leaders
- Build a lasting professional network
- Gain the skills and knowledge to become a future leader in Boeing
- Experience multiple Boeing locations around the UK
- Work towards attaining professional qualification
- Explore a function outside of IT
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Qualified to degree level in computer science, cyber, analytics, mathematics, engineering or similar
- Confidence or willingness to present and host meetings
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to discuss ideas and concepts with stakeholders of all levels.
- To have forward thinking mind-set and self-motivated
- Effective communication skills
- For the Cyber placement knowledge of information security, cyber security and/or information technology concepts and solutions is essential
- ITIL knowledge would be desirable but not essential
Essential Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- The ability to obtain UK Security Clearance is essential
Important information regarding this requisition: This position does not have sponsorship approval. This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE
At Boeing, div
ersity, equity, and inclusion are enduring company values. We strive to live these values every day not only because it’s the right thing to do, but because our success depends on it. The company’s commitment to diversity and inclusion means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and equitable, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
- Software Engineering Intern Gdansk, Pomerania, Poland 07/01/2022
- Business University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- Engineering University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- IT University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities