In 2010, MoD awarded Boeing the Future Logistic Information Services (FLIS) contract as its Support Chain Information Services (SCIS) Delivery Partner. SCIS is a partnering arrangement between the MoD and Boeing Defence UK to improve the reliability and capability of the logistic information systems and services that deliver engineering, supply chain and business intelligence information. Boeing provides secure, stable and resilient SCIS services by assisting the MoD in streamlining and optimising its end-to-end logistics information system into an agile and effective capability that underpins the support chain
The SCIS Programme has an enduring requirement for IS Project managers to oversee delivery of contracted changes to effect the above
This role will lead the bid and proposal work for several substantive IS change projects and / or lead several substantive implementation projects. Carrying out all activities to cost, schedule and quality requirements by effective management of the assigned project team members drawn from across the Programme. Such members having diverse skills sets such as software development, architects, network engineers, DBAs and System Engineers etc. There will also be close liaison with the MoD customer and Partner / Supplier companies
In order to be successful an individual must be enthusiastic, hands on in their approach and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as agile thinking skills. They must be confident and good interpersonal skills are essential given the interaction with colleagues at all levels as well as representing BDUK to MoD, Partners, and Suppliers
This role demands a high level of commercial acumen, customer focus and people management skills along with proven scheduling, cost management and quality control capabilities
The measurements of success in the role are on time delivery, to cost and quality requirements of assigned proposals and implementations together with positive customer feedback
- Be the primary point of contact with the MoD for a bid or contracted change along with ownership of the project scope, budget, objectives, and deliverables
- To estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals and to manage project development from inception to completion following SCIS project processes for project execution, management and reporting
- Communicate effectively project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion and to identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team
- Interact and manage third party suppliers in conjunction with the Supplier Management team
- Negotiate with other department managers for the requisition of required personnel from within the company
- Identify and actively manage opportunities, risks, and issue to ensure effective resolution
- Produce progress and status reports and use trend, earned value and variance analysis
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise and execute contingency plans
BDS Global Operations
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
- Ideally degree qualified
- Essential that the candidates have substantial Project Management experience; ideally holding a recognised project management accreditation, i.e. PRINCE 2, PMI/PMP, APMP with a proven track record of successful delivery of complex Information Services projects
- ITIL knowledge essential and qualifications desirable
- Experience of managing Information Services implementation projects in the Defence or Government is essential
- Candidates should be highly competent in the use of MS Project and the MS Office products in general
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply asap for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award