IT Project ManagerBristol, England
An opportunity has arisen within the Boeing Defence UK Common Information Services team for an experienced IT Project Manager. The role of the IT Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle
Projects cover a broad spectrum - some are of a technical nature, such as fitting out new office buildings with IT provision, managing the establishment of new data centres and server rooms. Other projects include the implementation of software solutions as well as the introduction of new IT systems. A demonstrable track record of delivering both hardware and software IT projects is required. As these projects are being deployed within an organisation that operates within the Defence sector, a working knowledge of the project management methodologies utilised in this sector would be highly advantageous
The role will require occasional travel throughout the U.K. and will require periods of time working and staying away from the office base in Bristol
- Manage projects from initiation through to completion
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents, and feed project plans up to an over-arching programme plan.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Identify and manage risks, issues and conflicts to ensure effective resolution.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Estimate the resources, determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants.
- Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations. Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Degree in Computer Science preferred but not absolutely essential.
- Extensive Project Management experience; ideally holding a recognised project management accreditation, PRINCE 2, PMI/PMP, APMP
- Highly competent in using MS Project & the MS Office products in general.
- Demonstrable experience of working with staff at all levels
- Exposure to the full project life cycle - Waterfall & Agile Methodologies.
- ITIL knowledge would be advantageous
- A background of working within corporate environments, ideally with global coverage.
- Experience of working within a matrix management environment and a large-scale, complex international organization, but also within small teams, would be advantageous.
- Experience of working within the Defence sector would be an advantage but not essential
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply asap for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo an Intrusive Security Clearance Process
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
BAUHI4 (B82) - IT Project Mgmt Spec 4 (IT Project Mgmt Specialist
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More