IT Service Desk AnalystBristol, England; Milton Keynes, England
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us
We're looking to hire a talented Customer Service specialist to join out IT Service Desk Team which provides first line IT Support to end users across the business
Previous IT experience is NOT essential, as full training will be provided
We are more interested in candidates with a genuine passion for providing outstanding customer service
The position is located in Bristol or Milton Keynes, UK and will be expected to work across a 7x24x365 day shift pattern. (The role is to cover 5 days per week and will involve some weekend working on a rota basis.)
Key responsibilities include:
- Work with the user over the telephone, direct PC to PC connection or via email to resolve problems with IT service issues
- Ensure that requests for assistance are responded to in a timely manner according to agreed SLA’s
- Diagnose and resolve problems accurately making sure they are logged correctly and either closed successfully or escalated appropriately to 2nd Line support teams
- Seek to document and communicate new fixes and workarounds to 1st & and 2nd Line support teams
- Ensure full adherence to escalation procedures in Incident, Problem & Change Management.
- Take ownership of escalations when asked, deliver solutions
- Seek to improve process & procedures
- Customer Service experience (IT Service Desk training will be provided)
- A willingness to work a day shift pattern, some weekend working on a rota.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award