Operations Support Manager (Part 145)Bristol, England; Lossiemouth, Scotland
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
BDUK is a subsidiary of the Boeing Company and currently employs over 1,700 people in the UK. BDUK is responsible for delivering several exciting contracts to our UK Defence customers including E-7 AEW&C, P-8A Maritime Patrol Aircraft, C4ISTAR Services, Through Life Support for the Chinook and Apache Fleets, Logistic Information Services and Training Services.
In order for the operations function to create and manage procedures and processes that of the highest safety, quality, airmanship and efficiency , BDUK Operations are looking for an Operations Manager to join our team and lead standardisation across our MRP Part 145 Organisation (AMO/MRO) across multiple sites and platforms and also manage technology insertion.
Reporting directly to the Operations Senior Business Manager and alongside the nominated post holders (Form 4s) this role will be varied and requires regular interaction with other internal BDUK Functions as well as direct engagement with the Customer and regulator . While we work in agile, dynamic and customer focused operational environment, your wellbeing is important to us and we strive to find a healthy life balance and ethical team culture with a strong emphasis on openness, inclusivity, collaboration, innovation, safety and first-time quality.
Examples of key tasks include:
- Manage, on behalf of the Operations Director and Nominated post holders (form 4s), the Maintenance Organisation Exposition (MOE) for BDUK’s Military Aviation Authority Regulatory Publication Pt 145 (MRP Pt 145) and Maintenance Approved Organisation Scheme (MAOS).
- Working with SMEs / focals for each aircraft platform, manage the uplift and upgrade of the MOE to take into account proposed changes to BDUK sites, maintenance activity scope, and air platforms supported during an exciting period of significant growth and change for BDUK.
- Working with SMEs / focals for each aircraft platform manage, on behalf of the Operations Director, the process for change impact assessment against Notices of Proposed Amendment and Authorised Amendment (NPA/NAA) against MAA Regulatory Articles, including generation of new or amended processes for BDUK and generation of financial or other penalty statements to the Authority.
- Working with SMEs / focals for each aircraft platform manage, on behalf of the Operations Director, the process for change impact assessment against Notices of Proposed Amendment and Authorised Amendment (NPA/NAA) against Boeing Corporate Policies and Processes, including generation of new or amended processes for BDUK and generation of financial or other penalty statements to the business.
- Review existing BDUK processes for aircraft maintenance and modification and drive process coherence, waste reduction and good practice across activities conducted at multiple sites and platforms and Create a single BDUK AMO/MRO philosophy which will drive efficiencies and improve airmanship through shared learning across sites
- Assist safety and quality investigations as required
- Lead ERP/SAP/Gold MRO support team ensuring technology insertion is aligned to strategy
Preferred Qualifications and experience:
- Experience of managing and leading technical employees in an aerospace environment
- Familiarity with supply and quality systems, and military maintenance practices and procedures
- Ability to mentor and coach team members and develop productive relationships with direct reports
- Effective stakeholder management, with the ability to influence people not directly within their span of control and engage successfully with company and military officials
- Excellent communication skills that provide the ability to engage effectively with a with military and company officials
- Demonstrable ability to effectively and proactively manage their own and their teams’ workloads
- Knowledge of military airworthiness and regulatory systems would be beneficial
- Candidates with an appropriate mix of formal qualifications and experience appropriate to the role will be considered
What Boeing offers you:
The Boeing benefits package goes above and beyond, focusing on your physical, emotional, financial and social well-being. Here’s a snapshot of what we offer:
- Competitive salary and annual incentive plans
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs
- 23 days plus UK public holidays and a Winter Break between Christmas and New Year
- Pension Plan with 10% employer contribution
- Company paid BUPA Medical Plan
- Short Term Sickness: 100% pay for the first 26 weeks
- Long Term Sickness: 66.67% of annual salary from 27th week
- 6x annual salary life insurance
- Learning Together Programme to support your ongoing personal and career development
- Access to Boeing’s Well Being Programs, tool and incentives
- Excellent Maternity and Paternity benefits
Work Authorisation: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
Security Clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security clearance for which the Government requires UK Citizenship.
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.
Will consider both Level K and Level L position dependent on skills and experience of candidate
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
No featured jobs. View All Opportunities
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities
No saved jobs. View All Opportunities