Principal Project ManagerBristol, England
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense, space and security systems. Boeing is committed to being the best in aerospace and an enduring global industrial champion—a top performer in each and every area of our business delivering superior value to customers, employees, shareholders, communities and partners. Boeing’s global reach includes customers in approximately 150 countries and employees and operations in more than 65 countries. The company has manufacturing, service and technology partnerships with companies and governments worldwide and contracts with more than 20,000 diverse suppliers and partners.
As a successful candidate you will be embedded within rainbow and stripy teams working alongside customers in dynamic and operationally focused deliveries.
Working within a complex stakeholder landscape and with often immature, developing and changing requirements, you will be expected to assist and guide the customers to define, design and deliver solutions and organizational change through effective stakeholder and benefit realization initiatives. Your advocacy and knowledge will be vital in helping the customer achieve their business objectives
You will act as ambassador for the Boeing company at appropriate client organization levels (grade dependent) and will be responsible for generating full or elements of, business solutions in line with the Long Range Business Plan. This includes generating and delivering opportunities within the scope of Programme Management.
You will be an energetic self-starter with the correct aptitude and attitude that can build enduring customer intimacy and high performing teams within an exciting and demanding sector.
You will be experienced within all aspects Programme Management with systems engineering back ground and a willingness to learn.
The position undertakes the following:
- Leads development of the program architecture and top level plans for a program. Develops program organizational work structures top level program and execution plans. Identifies key program level horizontal and vertical integration interfaces between major activities teams suppliers partners and customers. Facilitates the resolution of program issues. Supports the program manager in leading program execution by coordinating program metrics. Integrates the implementation of the Program Management Best Practices. Implements customer and program communication and contact plans.
- Applies advanced job principles, theories, and concepts. Contributes to the development of new principles and concepts as well as advanced job practices, techniques, and standards. Recognized as a job expert within the company.
- Works on unusually complex technical problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious.
- Initiates assignments and determines and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired results. Work is checked through consultation and agreement with others rather than formal review by a superior.
- Develops advanced technical ideas and guides their development into final product. Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve critical organizational objectives and affect the organization's technological capability and image.
- Serves as organization spokesperson on advanced projects and programs. Acts as advisor to management and customers on advanced technical research studies.
These roles can be based in London or Cheltenham
Preferred but not essential:
- Bachelor’s Degree OR relevant experience within ICT, Cyber, Systems Engineering or Master in Business Management.
- Prince 2 Practitioner
- Managing Successful Programmes (MSP)
Experience in one of the following domains;
- Secure Government
- Commercial Cyber Solutions
- Bids and Proposal Writing
- Large scale financial and staffing management experience
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply asap for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK.Relocation Assistance is not offered. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo an Intrusive Security Clearance Process
Contingent Upon Program Award
Yes, this position is contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More