Procurement AgentBristol, England
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the UK supply chain team. Initially, this role will be to support nominated bids and proposal activity for the team including programmes ranging from a UK based Fixed Wing military derivative programme, autonomous systems training or C4ISR. The new position will then evolve with the programme from conception to execution and will operate across commercial, military and global boundaries.
Boeing is seeking an experienced procurement professional with full procurement lifecycle experience to join the team as a Procurement Agent (Level x2) who will be able to:
- Execute Supplier management and procurement ensuring compliance with associated Boeing processes
- Support in the overall Supply Chain solution development to meet customer product and in-service requirements
- Contribute to the supply chain architecture strategy and support internal make buy strategies and workshare decisions to best meet the customer needs
- Support development of bid packages including supplier source selection and proposal evaluation (in compliance with the Boeing Integrated Business Acquisition Process (IBAP)
- Establish flexible and innovative contracting strategies
- Support and negotiate pricing and contract terms and conditions
- Prepare and execute negotiated contractual documents and binding agreements including Proprietary Information Agreements
- Supports risk issue and opportunity management
- Communicates supply and demand schedules to manage supplier quality, delivery and financial performance
- Support supplier improvement activities and integrates results into contracting strategies
- Provide strategic and transactional support to the purchase of goods and services where required
- Support the development and maintenance of relationships and partnerships with senior stakeholders, peers and relevant functional areas
The successful candidate will need to be adaptable and a creative thinker with the ability to liaise and work alongside a number of functional disciplines to help develop and form the strategic supply chain approach to support the programme.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience in working within a high impact bid and proposal team
- Experience in leading proposals, contract terms and conditions development, and negotiation efforts
- Experience working with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience supporting and leading cross-functional teams
- Ability to be self-directed in work and/or previous experience in a self-directed role
- Strong business acumen and adept problem solving ability
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Ability to obtain UK SC security clearance
- Communication skills and customer focus are critical to be successful in the role
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree preferred
- Active UK SC security clearance
- Experience supporting proposal preparation for UK government contracts
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Relocation is not available for this role.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More