Procurement AgentBristol, England
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Information Services is a growing business with a Supply Chain/Procurement team of 14 people. We are looking for dynamic and ambitious supply chain/procurement professionals to join the team to help grow our business further and support the existing programmes and new bids and proposals that we are working on. The successful candidate will be a key interface for the Supplier Management and Procurement function acting as an authorised agent of the company with responsibility for managing all end to end supplier related activities and have the authority to commit company resources through contracts and agreements.
• Act as an authorised agent of the company with the responsibility to commit company resources through contracts and agreements for the procurement of goods and services.
• Research and understand Information Services supply markets and supplier capabilities
• Carry out strategic supplier sourcing Initiatives
• Identify the supply chain strategies and subsequent suppliers for new bids and proposals
• Lead all supplier tendering/source selection activity, ensuring effective and timely stakeholder and supplier input.
• Develops procurement solutions, identifies viable sources, develops and issues requests for information, quotations, and proposals. Conducts bidder conferences as required. Leads the proposal analysis process and selects best value source.
• Leads the supplier proposal analysis process and selects best value source. Negotiates pricing and other contract terms and conditions. Prepares and executes the negotiated contractual documents and binding agreements. Interprets and enforces contract terms and conditions. Defines performance expectations, establishes metrics, evaluates and monitors performance and meets with suppliers and Boeing partners to ensure compliance to the contract.
• Interprets and enforces contract terms and conditions. Documents procurement decisions, creates contract correspondence, and administers contract changes between the company and suppliers. Ensures compliance with all relevant Boeing procedures and contract requirements. Integrates activities with internal and external customers and suppliers to fulfill contract requirements and reconcile contract issues. Manages contract terminations and closeouts.
• Integrates and coordinates customer requirements, identifies sources, prepares bid packages and conducts bidder conferences.
• Leads and collaborates with Integrated Product Teams, business partners and functional groups to manage sourcing strategy.
• Develops supply base strategies to right size supplier base. Develops and implements supplier controls and measurements including preferred and certified suppliers.
• Identifies supply chain improvement opportunities to optimize value for the organization.
• Works with suppliers to develops improvement plans and monitors progress. Leads regular supplier performance reviews. Builds successful supplier and stakeholder relationships.
• Manages contract changes between the company and suppliers.
• Ensures compliance with all relevant Boeing procedures and contract requirements.
• Integrate activities with internal and external customers and suppliers to fulfill contract requirements and reconcile contract issues.
• Manage contract terminations and closeouts.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Ideally has a University Bachelor’s Degree work experience in a business setting.
• Ideally is a member of, or studying towards, Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (MCIPS) preferred
• Supply Chain Knowledge: History of working within a supply chain or procurements role, ideally within Information Services category.
• Understanding and previous experience of working with:
- IS service contracts
- Experience of developing multi-supplier sourcing models / operate in a multi-sourced environment
- Experience of contracting with SME’s
- Software contracts and suppliers a distinct advantage.
• Understanding of UK contract law and experience working with a variety of subcontract types (MoD, Police and Information Services) preferred.
• Knowledge of contract structure with ability to draft proposals and agreements
• Experience of negotiating pricing and other contract terms and conditions and of monitoring contract deliverables and effectiveness
• Knowledge and experience of developing and implementing strategic supplier sourcing initiatives.
• Ability to analyse complex data, manage regular performance reporting and lead Supplier performance and development activities.
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels with Customers and Stakeholders
• Ability to lead designated work stream and resolve problems to ensure delivery to first time quality, cost and schedule.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply asap for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE
Individual Contributor - 3
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More