Project Engineer (Aerospace)Bristol, England
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Reporting to the Boeing Defence UK (BDUK), Chief Design Engineer, support the execution of the E-7 programme, specifically with the design, manufacture and delivery of the Air System.
- Ensure BDUK E-7 technical conduct, progress, performance, and results are executed in compliance with programme requirements, plans, programme charter and Responsibility, Accountability & Authority (RAA).
- Provide BDUK technical leadership for the AMS portion of the E-7 program from AMS procurement, support to ASC2 through Modification at MADG and Support to ASC2 in relation to Safety and Certification activity to enable certification and successful Release to Service of the platform prior to handover to the Customer.
- Establish a culture of proactive technical oversight, risk management and rapid issue resolution, providing alternative paths for issue resolution and opening dialogue on technical issues.
- Implement and enforce BDUK engineering functional excellence in people, processes, tools, and practices; drive productivity improvements through the use of the Lean+ disciplines; and share Best Practices and Lessons Learned. Work with Boeing Programme and Operations Management (BDS – ASC2, BDUK and BDA) to ensure successful technical delivery and programme execution.
- Work with Boeing functional counterparts to understand and ensure process inputs and outputs are clearly defined to enable products and services to meet requirements and delivered on schedule and within costs.
- Support the E-7 Lead Engineer at technical reviews and boards to ensure effective support is given to AMS/GSS development and ensure plans recognise future BDUK aspirations with regards to Sustainment/through life support of the platform
Undertake the following specific tactical responsibilities:
- Technical Integrity and delivery of the BDUK AMS Certification activity in support of ASC2 whilst meeting the requirements of the contract.
- Management and delivery of BDUK support to Modification (at MADG) with regards to Continuing Airworthiness (Part M) whilst meeting the requirements of the contract.
- Support to ASC2 with BDUK MRB support during modification (at MADG) whilst meeting the requirements of the contract.
- Support to ASC2 on Design activity awarded to BDUK in the run up to and during Modification activity at MADG prior to platform entering Service whilst meeting the requirements of the contract.
- Carry out AMS specific investigations and matters of the moment either requested by E-7 Lead Engineer.
- Be responsible for formal BDUK AMS technical reports and presentations as defined by the E-7 Lead Engineer.
- Support specific AMS technical interfacing between BDUK Engineering and the other functions such as Supply Chain and Operations.
Ensure Programme Performance:
- Responsible for the accurate and complete capture of AMS specific programme requirements ensuring function owners are made aware.
- Maintain systematic view of BDUK AMS programme structure and output.
- Deliver the highest efficiency possible in the execution of BDUK technical disciplines.
- Manage successful deployment of BDUK functional processes and tools on the program in support of AMS delivery ensuring lessons learnt and best practices are shared internally and via E-7 Lead Engineer for other Platform visibility.
- Monitor technical baseline control with regards to to configuration of the AMS, recognising that ownership of this task is initially with ASC2.
- BDUK AMS Supplier technical direction and oversight.
- Supporting AMS technical process definition and management per program needs and communicating UK specific requirements via E-7 Lead Engineer.
- Seek external reviews and scrutiny to ensure BDUK specific AMS program technical excellence
Ensure Program Technical Reporting:
- Management of BDUK AMS technical program data and program performance status.
- Report BDUK AMS program technical status regularly to the E-7 Lead Engineer.
- Report BDUK AMS program technical metrics to E-7 Lead Engineer to measure and track program technical performance and ensure program health (namely Certification status against plan).
- Potentially act as DCAM for AMS (Safety and Certification/Support to Mod) supporting E-7 Lead Engineer as CAM.
- BDUK AMS Certification activity in support of ASC2 wrt ensuring MRP compliance is understood and incorporated into ASC2 planning, understanding and delivery.
- BDUK Support to Modification phase including Design, MRB and Part M activity
- BDUK continuous improvement pertaining to AMS activities
- Drafting of AMS Engineering task estimates.
- Drafting of BDUK Engineering staffing and skill plans for alignment with the AMS program proposed work, and budgets.
- AMS BDUK Supplier planning, sow development, selection, technical management and supplier management plans.
Participates on Program Reviews and Boards:
- ASC2 Program Change Control Board.
- ASC2 Program Management Reviews.
- BDUK Engineering CIT.
- ASC2/BDUK Customer Communication.
- Develop and maintain customer relations both inside and outside of the organisation in particular support to the TAA, Cert Manager, Safety Manager, Mission Systems Manager and end user community.
UK MOD Security Clearance (or willingness to obtain) is essential, higher levels of Security Clearance may be desirable.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Relocation is not available for this role.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More