Project Engineer - E7 (Wedgetail)Bristol, England
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
BDUK is a subsidiary of the Boeing Company and currently employs over 1,200 people in the UK. BDUK is responsible for delivering several exciting contracts to our UK defence customers including E-7 AEW&C, P-8A Maritime Patrol Aircraft, C4ISTAR Services, Through Life Support for the Chinook & Apache Fleets, Logistic Information Services and Training Services
This post is for a Fixed Wing Project Engineer reporting to the BDUK Project Engineering Manager. The roles will assist the UK Chief Engineer and Engineering Programme Lead in the delivery of E7 Wedgetail Ground Support Segment (GSS) programme objectives, ensuring that assigned activities are appropriately coordinated and reported by performing the role of Project Engineer as described below. The successful candidate would be a part of dynamic team with access to varied work and opportunities to progress their career alongside the growth of the business. At Boeing we’re committed to rewarding excellence and fostering an inclusive environment where team members are seen, heard, valued, respected and fully engaged.
- Provides the Engineering leadership to project teams representing multiple skill areas, which may include internal and external resources and customers.
- Technically leads proposal development activities where required. Develops statements of work (SOWs) to satisfy research and development, ongoing and new business requirements. Works with customers and management to obtain agreement/approval.
- Leads project execution to complete the work statement. Coordinates baseline management throughout the project lifecycle. Identifies and reports performance metrics. Responds to changes to SOW, assesses the impact and negotiates proposed changes to determine modifications to the deliverables, resources, costs and schedules.
- Is accountable for interfacing and managing current gaps with team/programme integrated planning and scheduling
- Tracks the status of all GSS programme deliverables
- Plans, identifies, and coordinates resources required over the life of the E-7 Wedgetail programme.
- Manages risks, issues and opportunities (RIOs). Defines plans for risk mitigation and opportunity realisation.
- Compares actual results to baseline plan to assess project/programme performance, efficiencies, productivity and lessons learned. Provides technical, business and integration leadership for the development and execution of project/programme and team plans.
- Champion and support Continuous Improvement across BDUK activities.
- Degree in relevant aerospace-related subject (preferred but not essential) or equivalent Industry experience
- Previous experience working with military aircraft
- Registration with the Engineering Council as an Incorporated Engineer (IEng) or Chartered Engineer (CEng) (Preferred but not Essential) or have the ability to work towards IEng/CEng.
- Knowledge of Military Airworthiness Authority (MAA) Regulatory Articles
- Knowledge of aircraft certified to the following standards
Work Authorisation: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
Security Clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security clearance for which the Government requires UK Citizenship.
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award