Project Manager (C17 Synthetic Training System)Bristol, England
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defence UK Ltd. (BDUK) has more than 1000 employees at 23 locations throughout the United Kingdom, supporting Ministry of Defence (MoD) and US Department of Defence programmes. Over the past five years, BDUK has consolidated Boeing Defence, Space and Security operations in the UK and now generates intellectual property onshore. BDUK also works with selected UK industry partners to deliver improved operational capability and meet evolving customer needs.Boeing military platforms and sustainment programmes are at the heart of the support Boeing provides to the British Armed Forces, whether in the United Kingdom, in operational theaters or elsewhere in the world.
Aircraft such as the Boeing’s C-17, Chinook, and the Boeing-designed Apache have become icons for the UK Armed Forces. The Royal Airforce has also contracted Boeing to Provide P8 Poseidon and E7 AEW&C.
These aircraft are vital to the UK, and keeping them ready for operations is paramount. Boeing provides a wide range of support services to help customers maintain operational readiness. These include: MAOS-accredited (Maintenance Approved Organization Scheme) maintenance; air worthiness support services; supply chain management; quality assurance; and engineering design to meet Urgent Operational Requirements. Boeing also offers platform and system upgrades to keep fleets at the cutting edge of available technology.
The Project Manager within Fixed Wing will lead multi-site, multi-discipline integrated team to deliver the upgrade and enhancement of the existing C17 Synthetic Training system and associated Training device enhancements. This is a full-time role based at our Bristol office.
The role will apply strong leadership skills & customer knowledge to create an environment of performance better-than plan, will require individuals with a ‘start up’ and entrepreneurial mentality as well as experience within a regulated environment (MoD or any other governmental bodies such as the Home Office).
The position will establish overall Project leadership and execute profit and loss responsibility for the C17 Training Delivery Programme, working hand-in-glove with the C17 Training Delivery Manager.
- Develop an effective Project Execution strategy to remain cost competitive (and capability competitive) in order to lead integrated teams (including such disciplines as engineering, operations, SM&P, Quality, etc.) to focus on executing the project / overall program plan with first time quality and satisfying all customer requirements (technical, quality, cost, schedule, etc.)
- Programme status reporting, strategic planning, and customer rapport
- Lead and motivate employees to create a team environment which enables flawless day-to-day execution of quality, cost, schedule, technical performance requirements and to maintain very high levels of customer satisfaction
- Provide technical management of suppliers, lead process improvements, develop and maintain relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports and provides oversight and approval of technical approaches, products and processes
- The successful candidate for this position will have demonstrated successful execution and growth of service contracts and the development and/or management of complex industrial relationships
- The successful candidate will be from a multidisciplinary background with a proven track record
- Profit & loss Programme Management experience is required
- Ideally qualified to degree level or equivalent in an engineering discipline or closely related technical field.
- Advanced degree in engineering or business is desirable
Work Authorisation: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
Security Clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security clearance
Visa Status and Relocation: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Relocation benefits are not available. Successful candidates must have existing / ability to obtain legal authorisation to work in the UK for continued employment.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.