Project ManagerBristol, England; Milton Keynes, England
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
An exciting opportunity has become available on the Ministry of Defence (MOD) Support Chain Information Services (SCIS) Programme for an experienced Project Manager that requires someone with strong leadership skills and sound customer knowledge to create an environment of performing better-than planned.
Previous or current experience of working with the MOD supply chain programmes is desired but relevant experience with other Government Departments may be acceptable.
- Responsible for developing project plans and Contract deliverables, directs all project phases and acts as primary customer contact for Project activities with the MOD.
- Leads others and direct all phases of projects or subsystems of major projects from inception through completion.
- Coordinates the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between project and team, finance, planning, scheduling and line management.
- Uses trend, earned value and variance analyses and risk assessments to develop plans or to recommend change.
- Uses Boeing Programme Management Best Practices (PMBP) to develop robust operating and reporting rhythm for programmes to ensure a successful outcome.
- Acts as primary project contact to establish key stakeholder requirements and project objectives.
- Manages via project deliverables, all technical and functional staff assigned to the project
- Transitions projects to the MOD Customer for on-going support.
- Performs project close-out and documents lessons learned activities as necessary.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Identify and manage actively opportunities, risks and issues to ensure effective resolution or mitigation, and co-ordinate required activities to ensure successful delivery
- Liase with project stakeholders.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other Stakeholders.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and the associated critical path(s).
- Plan, schedule and manage project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Track and report project status relative to the approved business case and scope, with transparency and insight into overall health of the project
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and Presentations.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyse results and investigate problem areas.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Effectively run Project meetings from project kick-off to Post implementation Review ensuring all stakeholders meet their responsibilities.
- Provide assistance and guidance to other members of the project team, include mentoring and advising Junior Project Manager’s within the wider programme
Education & Essential Experience
- Experience of managing complex projects/programmes in the Defence sector is highly desirable.
- Extensive Project Management experience; ideally holding a recognised Project
- Management accreditation; P3O, PRINCE 2, PMI/PMP or APMP (preferred).
- Highly competent in using MS Project & the MS Office products in general.
- Experience using a RIO tracking and reporting tool.
- Proven track record of successful delivery of complexity and risk in projects across a variety of areas; ideally within the Defence sector.
- The individual must be enthusiastic and hands on in their approach and possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- They must be comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels within the organization including level and be confident representing BDUK to external clients and partners.
- Customer Focus: Develop and maintain customer relations both inside and outside of the organisation. Actively seeks information to understand customer’s circumstances, problems, expectations and needs.
- Builds Positive Relationships: Builds effective working with relationships with team and cross functional groups that are required to contribute to the success of the programme (including sponsors, stakeholders and end users)
- Understand differing requirements and perspectives and lead the team through to successful conclusions.
- Business Acumen: Manages complex customer and stakeholder relationships. Deals effectively across all levels.
- Able to adapt approach to meet needs of different groups.
- Eligibility to obtain SC clearance is required
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply asap for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll. Relocation Assistance is not available for this role.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
- Software Engineering Intern Gdansk, Pomerania, Poland 07/01/2022
- Business University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- Engineering University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- IT University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities