Project ManagerBristol, England; RAF Odiham, England; Frimley, England; Salisbury, England; Gosport, England; Middle Wallop, England
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defence United Kingdom (BDUK) requires a Project Manager who will initially be assigned to the Programme Management Function core team to undertake short term project management assignments including, but not limited to; project management of emergent unplanned work, responding to help needed requests from Programmes, Projects or other Boeing Entities; provide additional PM surge support at key proposal development Gates; support excitability risk assessments; undertake Programme Management best practice assessments. This role in time may be fully assigned to a Programme.
About the role:
This is a full-time role and can be based at a range of Boeing sites including Bristol, Gosport, Yeovil, Middle Wallop and Frimley. While we work in agile and dynamic engineering environments, your wellbeing is important to us and we strive to find a healthy life balance and ethical team culture with a strong emphasis on openness, collaboration, innovation, safety and first-time quality. As a BDUK employee, you will have access to flexible and virtual working arrangements, benefits packages, employee incentive programs and study assistance. You will also have access to many resources that you will be able to access in order to inform and support your development throughout your career with us.
- Lead others and direct all phases of assigned projects demonstrating proficiency in all project management areas in accordance with accepted project management standards in the industry (e.g., PMI, Project Management Body of Knowledge [PMBOK] and ISO standards)
- Identify key stakeholder project specific objectives and requirements including Customer and Supplier dependencies. Develop solutions to complex problems that require ingenuity and innovation
- Be responsible for achieving cost and schedule targets on assigned projects and delivery of products that meet requirements including those for 1st time quality and safety
- Develop project plans and define deliverables that meet identified requirements, and Customer expectations
- Identify and manage project risks, issues and opportunities
- Establish and manage project baselines
- Manage all assigned resources including people, facilities, budgets and schedules to meet performance requirements and commitments
- Develop and present workarounds, recovery plans and change proposals as necessary to keep the projects on track
- Report project status and performance metrics to program leadership team and Customer as required
- Ensure project team member responsibilities, accountability and authority are clearly documented and understood. Ensure assigned individuals are executing the identified and assigned tasks and provide appropriate tracking and reporting per plan. Provide input of team member performance to management, where appropriate
- Establish and maintain communications and relationships with project and functional organisation including senior staff and line management and with Customer counterparts
Preferred Skills and Experience:
The ideal candidate will be familiar with a wide range of Programme and Project Management tools including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, SharePoint and Boeing or industry recognised systems to manage risks, issues & opportunities, change processing, planning and estimating.
- Experience of managing complex projects/programmes in the Defence sector is highly desirable
- Extensive Project Management experience; ideally holding a recognised Project Management accreditation; P3O, PRINCE 2, PMI/PMP or APMP (preferred).
- Competent in using MS Project & the MS Office products in general
- Experience using a RIO tracking and reporting tool
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels within the organization and be confident representing BDUK to external clients and partners
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorization to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
Willingness and eligibility to undergo and obtain a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
No featured jobs. View All Opportunities
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities
No saved jobs. View All Opportunities