Project Planning and Integration LeadBristol, England
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense, space and security systems. Boeing is committed to being the best in aerospace and an enduring global industrial champion—a top performer in each and every area of our business delivering superior value to customers, employees, shareholders, communities and partners. Boeing’s global reach includes customers in approximately 150 countries and employees and operations in more than 65 countries. The company has manufacturing, service and technology partnerships with companies and governments worldwide and contracts with more than 20,000 diverse suppliers and partners.
Boeing Defence UK (BDUK) requires a Project Planning and Integration Lead to provide project support to Aircraft Maintenance, Repair and Modification projects within Boeing’s portfolio of Chinook helicopter programmes.
The ideal candidate will already be familiar with a wide range of specialized process tools, and materials, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, SharePoint and Boeing or industry recognised systems to manage risks, issues & opportunities, programme baselines and project reporting.
- Lead implementation of Programme Management best practice to ensure successful project start up and execution throughout the programme lifecycle.
- Develop project plans and define deliverables that meet identified requirements, and Customer expectations.
- Take ownership of programme/project operating rhythms.
- Identify and manage project risks, issues and opportunities.
- Establish and manage project baselines; participate in programme change boards.
- Preparation of presentation material for internal and external meetings
- Report project status and performance metrics to program leadership team and Customer.
- Ensure project team member responsibilities, accountability and authority are clearly documented and understood. Ensure assigned individuals are executing the identified and assigned tasks and provide appropriate tracking and reporting per plan.
- Develop programme start up and close out plans defining all critical nonrecurring tasks required to ramp-up to full programme execution as the transition is made from “proposal to contract execution” and “from execution to programme close out”.
- Lead Gate Reviews as projects develop and move through the programme lifecycle, ensuring timely closure of action items.
- Prepare and Lead Programme Management Best Practice Self-Assessment Reviews and ensure timely closure of action items.
- Establish and maintain communications and relationships with project and functional organisation
- Implement and hold project team responsible for a Go4Zero safety culture.
- Identify and implement process, quality and productivity improvement action plans.
- Work with the Customer to proactively identify additional opportunities, and ways to improve levels of service.
- Promote a ‘Help Needed’ culture where appropriately requesting help is encouraged and those providing help are held accountable. Apply industry standards and any available data source for best practices, lessons learned, historical and forecast data to perform trend, earned value and variance analyses to create a baseline project plan.
- Project Support - knowledge and proficiency in all project support areas.
- Leadership – ability to lead and direct the activities and resources within and across Functional and Organisational boundaries.
- Communication - excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to listen, assimilate, evaluate and summarise. Sound ability to communicate with the customer at all levels.
- Baseline Management - Interfaces and negotiates with project stakeholders including Customers and Suppliers to establish and agree project baselines. Demonstrable ability to anticipate and manage changing requirements and maintain baseline control.
- Apply industry standards and any available data source for best practices, lessons learned, historical and forecast data to perform trend, earned value and variance analyses to create a baseline project plan.
This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll. Relocation assistance is not available. PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE
Individual Contributor - 2
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More