RCM EngineerBristol, England; Yeovil, England; Gosport, England
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defence UK (BDUK) is looking for a number of RCM Practitioner / Facilitators to support new business opportunities and existing product platforms, mainly fixed and rotor wing aircraft.
Boeing Defence UK (BDUK) is a subsidiary of the Boeing Company and currently employs over 1,400 people in the UK. We are responsible for delivering several exciting contracts to our UK defence customers including new capabilities like the E-7 AEW&C and the P-8A Maritime Patrol Aircraft, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR Services, Support for the Chinook & Apache Fleets, Logistic Information Services and Training Services and are very much in a growth phase.
Boeing Defence UK engineering function operates a matrix organisation consisting of engineering departments that deliver technical skills, expertise and products into our programmes. This role will be in the Product Support Engineering Department. The Department consists of the following technical areas:
- Reliability Centred Maintenance Analysis
- Reliability and Maintainability
- Logistic Support Analysis
- Engineering Data Exploitation
- Obsolescence Management
- Technical Publications
- Integrated Logistic Support Engineering.
As an RCM engineer, you will call upon your experience to facilitate and implement RCM philosophies and techniques whilst remaining compliant with the appropriate regulatory standards. You will report to the BDUK Support Engineering Manager whilst being technically supported by the RCM Technical Lead and our other capability specialists within the department.
In your role, you shall:
- Conduct RCM analysis to agreed scope, quality and timescales
- Review and process change requests initiated as part of continuous improvement processes, i.e., feedback from maintenance execution, failure investigations and reliability studies
- Ensure proposed changes are compliant with agreed standards
- Understand the customer requirements and advise on good RCM practice
- Provide management reporting on progress (KPI’s / Close-out reports)
- Ensure defined RCM tasks are implemented / updated in the relevant tools
- Maintain and further strengthen the reliability foundations, following a methodological approach.
Aside from your technical work you there is the potential to support company initiatives, for example, quality improvements, promoting a safety culture, promoting Diversity and Inclusion, mentoring and coaching, STEM outreach and a number of focus projects to support the growth of the company and its employees.
Preferred Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
The preferred candidate will have some of the following:
- Essential to be able to obtain UK SC security clearance
- Engineer with a strong maintenance/ engineering background
- Knowledge and application experience of RCM-II or FMEA principles, practices and applications and/or MSG-3 methodology.
- Ideally have a Defence background but this is not essential
- Knowledge and application experience of risk & reliability management systems and techniques
- Proven ability to drive first time quality
- An understanding of the principles of Risk & Opportunity Management
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, in particular MS Word, and Adobe Acrobat XI Pro.
- Ideally you will be educated to degree level in a relevant Engineering subject, and or received some formal training in Support Engineering principles
Work Authorisation: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
Security Clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security clearance for which the Government requires UK Citizenship.
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
No featured jobs. View All Opportunities
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities
No saved jobs. View All Opportunities