Return-ship Program - Systems EngineerBristol, England; Yeovil, England; Gosport, England; Frimley, England
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defence UK (BDUK) is a subsidiary of the Boeing Company and currently employs over 1,800 people in the UK. We are responsible for delivering several exciting contracts to our UK defence customers including new capabilities like the E-7 AEW&C and the P-8A Maritime Patrol Aircraft, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR Services, Support for the Chinook & Apache Fleets, Logistic Information Services and Training Services and are very much in a growth phase.
The Boeing Returnship Program is designed for individuals looking to relaunch their professional journey after an extended STEM career break or absence from the workforce. The programme provides an initial 12 week salaried fixed-term contract, with the goal of successful candidates achieving a permanent position within the organisation!
Skills and Experience:
- Applied experience across some or all elements of Systems Engineering
- Ability to collaborate with geographically dispersed and diverse teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal communication and influencing skills
- An ability to communicate written technical information
- Computer literate
Any required qualifications:
Degree level (or equivalent) qualification in an Engineering related field and already be, or aspire to be, a member of a recognised professional body such as the Institute of Engineering and Technology or the Royal Aeronautical Society.
Required: Minimum 18-24 months continuous or combined career break
Security Clearance requirements:
Eligibility for SC level security clearance is required - To be eligible for clearance you need to be a British National and have lived in the UK for the past 5 years with no breaks. Other Nationalities are also considered, but 5 + years living in the UK is needed.
Outline of initial work/role to be undertaken during the 12 week placement:
Familiarisation with team, projects and clients and tasks building you up to working independently on the following tasks:
- Development and improvement of requirement specifications with cross-functional teams;
- Development of solutions using techniques such as Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) and Trade Studies;
- Supporting the planning and execution of Integration, Test, Evaluation and Acceptance (ITEA) activities;
- Managing technical baselines (e.g. requirements, performance measures, solution) including configuration and change control, working with parties from across the global Boeing Enterprise;
- Development of systems engineering artefacts (e.g. management plans, schedules, reports);
- Supporting technical management and governance tasks (metrics, reporting, team tasking, risk/issue/opportunity management);
- Collaboration with and reporting to Customer representatives; and
- The tailoring and application of engineering initiatives, best practices and quality processes; and contributing to Continuous Improvement;
Bristol, Gosport, Yeovil or Frimley
Working Pattern (Site/Hybrid/Remote):
Hybrid – 3 days per week in the office
What Boeing offers you:
The Boeing benefits package goes above and beyond, focusing on your physical, emotional, financial and social well-being. Here’s a snapshot of what we offer:
Competitive salary and annual incentive plans
Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
23 days plus UK public holidays and a Winter Break between Christmas and New Year.
Pension Plan with 10% employer contribution
Company paid BUPA Medical Plan
Short Term Sickness: 100% pay for the first 26 weeks
Long Term Sickness: 66.67% of annual salary from 27th week
6x annual salary life insurance
Learning Together Programme to support your ongoing personal and career development
Access to Boeing’s Well Being Programs, tool and incentives
Export Control Requirements: This is an export control position.
Export Control Details: Non – US based job
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. We are a Disability Confident Committed employer and welcome applications from candidates with disabilities. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process. Accommodations may include but are not limited to: conducting interviews in accessible locations that accommodate mobility needs, encouraging candidates to bring and use any existing assistive technology such as screen readers and offering flexible interview formats such as virtual or phone interviews.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award