Senior AccountantBristol, England
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
This key role will report to the UK Accounting Manager and be based at our Bristol office with some remote working options.. We are seeking an experienced and proactive qualified Accountant to assume responsibility for the Boeing Defence UK month end close, technical accounting queries, statutory accounts preparation and contact for external auditors. The finance function is anticipated to enter a period of significant growth and with that there will be opportunities to develop as both an SME or Managerial routes. New contracts such as Apache, E7 and P8 platforms will allow for interesting variation in activities and projects.
The successful candidate would be a part of a supportive team team with access to varied work and opportunities to progress their career alongside the growth of the business. At Boeing we’re committed to rewarding excellence and fostering an inclusive environment where team members are seen, heard, valued, respected and fully engaged.
The successful candidate will be able to work independently to manage the workload and task deadlines to a high standard of quality and efficiency, improving productivity is an essential aspect of the role.
The successful candidate will require strong collaboration skills to work across the wider finance and accounting functions both within the UK and US.
- Oversee the monthly accounting close cycle in accordance with Boeing established procedures and guidelines.
- Maintain robust and compliant controls & processes to ensure accurate reporting of both the P&L and Balance Sheet.
- Lead the annual preparation of statutory financial statements for BDUK ensuring compliant and timely filing and provide assistance/guidance on other smaller UK entities
- Familiar with complex Extended Trial balances, able to prepare complex local GAAP adjustments, review draft tax provisions, provide GAAP to GAAP analysis
- Primary point of contact for the external auditors.
- Assist Finance and Business leaders with the co-ordination and accounting for new businesses, contracts, processes and accounting standards.
- Provide monthly and quarterly reporting/analysis on the financial position of BDUK.
- Provide support and input to Boeing International Accounting team goals and objectives and participate in initiatives that will benefit Boeing beyond the boundaries of the UK&I
Preferred Education and experience:
- Ideally 5+ PQE experience
- Experience in Aviation an advantage but not required
- Ability to develop/coach a diverse team of individuals
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to build positive relationships and focus on customer satisfaction
- Business (Financial) Acumen
- Strong Communication skills
- Professional accounting qualification
- Advanced Accounting Theory and Knowledge, an advantage if have experience with:
- Revenue recognition
- Long term project accounting
- FX translation
- Knowledge of complex accounting systemsand reporting applications – Oracle and SAP
- Significant experience in preparation of Statutory Financial Statements
- Compliance Focused
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills, PowerPoint knowledge an advantage
Work Authorisation: This position does not have sponsorship approval. This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants.
Security Clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security clearance for which the Government requires UK Citizenship.
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award