Senior Business Systems ArchitectBristol, England
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Help to plan the capability growth of Boeing Defence UK (BDUK)! We are looking for an experienced business and systems architect to help develop an IT-enabled capability roadmap for BDUK and to cover all areas of the BDUK business including aircraft support, synthetic training, battlefield systems, logistics IS and cyber solutions.
The selected candidate will work with BDUK leaders and subject matter authorities and the Boeing IT and Digital Analytics (IT&DA) organization to develop an IT-enabled capability roadmap in support of BDUK’s business strategy and plan.
- Maintains the BDUK business architecture working with line of business and functional business architects across the Boeing Company.
- Identifies capability gaps between the current business architecture and that required by the BDUK business in the future to deliver its business strategy and plan.
- Works with BDUK SMEs and architects and product manager from IT&DA to develop a capability roadmap for BDUK.
- Works with the IT&DA business partner organization and the BDUK finance organization to develop cases and plans and to supply to bids for future work.
- Is an outstanding partner with customers, collaborators, peers, partners and direct reports.
- Provides oversight and direction to the projects established to deliver the capability growth defined by the capability roadmap.
- Coaches IT&DA and business staff who are working on the projects.
- Works with BDUK finance to define and measure the benefits delivered by the capability growth projects.
- Ideally has a bachelor's degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, business systems or business administration
- 10+ years consistent record of business architecture or strategic planning
- 10+ yrs demonstrated ability working on IT-enabled change programs
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Masters degree
- Working with geographically separated teams
- Experience looking after capability development or business change in defence or other similar regulated environment
- We can be flexible on location, but you will need to be based in the south of the country/M4 corridor
- Around 25% of your time will be travelling to various sites, mainly in the south, with the rest of the time spent working remotely
- Willingness and ability to acquire SC clearance is required.
Important information regarding this requisition: This position does not have sponsorship approval.
This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to acquire Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are settled at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be encouraged to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
- Software Engineering Intern Gdansk, Pomerania, Poland 07/01/2022
- Business University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- Engineering University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- IT University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities