Senior Commercial ManagerBristol, England
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
This position is a non-line management role within the BDUK Fixed Wing Commercial Team, specifically performing contract & business support and expertise across the UK P-8A and E-7 programmes. As the prime contractor BDUK delivers integrated programmes with our colleagues in business units in Australia and the USA. Reporting to the Fixed Wing Head of Commercial this role will be primarily responsible for execution duties for our sustainment programme as well as providing support to contract change and amendment proposals of varying sizes and complexity. This role is full-time based in Bristol.
Particular area of focus include; management of discharging contractual obligations, interpretation of contractual terms and positions, building and maintaining effective customer and stakeholder relationships, proactive risk and opportunity management, preparing and negotiating proposals for contract change and amendment proposals, managing intercompany arrangements, proactive participation in all required programme and customer meetings and providing effective governance to changes and proposals to ensure robust, protective and profitable outcomes.
- excellent customer relationship management
- depth of knowledge and skilled in defence contracting and terms & conditions – drafting, interpretation and negotiating
- negotiation skills
- first-time quality
- fast and effective responsiveness in a dynamic, complex environment
- integrated business partnering with stakeholders
- ability to manage a diverse, fast-paced, high workload
- a high degree of independence
- creative commercial solution design and implementation
This position is expected to fulfil a variety of tasks and responsibilities typically associated with a Commercial technical role, including, but not limited to;
- Exercises appropriate signature authority, leads, and participates in proposal development, negotiating and contracting for the sale and support of aerospace products, services, technologies, financing and the licensing of intellectual property to support company strategies
- Leads the presentation and development of complex business solutions to preserve and expand the business
- Represents the company in external negotiations with responsibility to develop and maintain effective working relationships with customer counterparts
- Authority to prepare, negotiate, execute, interpret and administer legally binding contractual agreements of a complex nature for The Boeing Company
- Leads coordination and partnership with other internal functional disciplines, acting as a trusted advisor, integrating business / finance / programme priorities to create solutions that balance business financial performance and customer relationship management
- Summarizes complex contractual issues, and leads development of creative solutions and coordination of contractual risk mitigation.
- Implements and maintains effective commercial governance to protect company interest and ensure fully aligned work approaches
- Authorises company work and administers contracts and agreements in accordance with contractual requirements
- Interprets contract requirements, manages change and resolves conflict; intellectual property management
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- IACCM / CIMA or MBA or significant experience in similar role
Work Authorisation: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
Security Clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security clearance for which the Government requires UK Citizenship.
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award