Senior Commercial ManagerBristol, England
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defence United Kingdom is currently hiring a Senior Commercial Manager based in Bristol, UK. This position is a non-line management role within the BDUK Fixed Wing Commercial Team.
Primary responsibility of the role will be commercial leadership of a significant E7 Programme proposal for a long-term contract award. As the prime contractor BDUK delivers an integrated programme with our colleagues in business units in Australia and the USA. Reporting to the Fixed Wing Head of Commercial and E7 Senior Commercial Lead, this role will be accountable for all proposal development and negotiation duties as part of the proposal leadership team, and will integrate with all programme workstreams to ensure a high quality and fully comprehensive proposal strategy for a complex and complicated programme, under Single Source Contract Regulations.
In addition, the role will be the principal owner for growth opportunities within the Fixed Wing programme, exploring opportunities, shaping in accordance with company strategy and pursuing campaigns.
This role is full-time based in Bristol with hybrid working options and possible occasional travel to other sites.
Particular area of focus include:
- Responsibility for all commercial artefacts, understanding of wider contract for which this work will be added to;
- Ensuring cross-programme due diligence for appropriate risk and liability exposure;
- Active review of available programme data and pricing information;
- Value for money focus and awareness of all constituent programme knowledge;
- Understanding of data and history to prepare information and create solutions;
- Interpret terms and conditions and create new drafting for complex topics;
- Building and maintaining effective customer and stakeholder relationships;
- Proactive risk and opportunity management;
- Managing intercompany arrangements;
- Proactive participation in all required programme and customer meetings.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
This position is expected to fulfil a variety of tasks and responsibilities typically associated with a Commercial technical role, including, but not limited to:
- Exercising appropriate signature authority, leads, and participates in proposal development, negotiating and contracting for the sale and support of aerospace products, services, technologies, financing and the licensing of intellectual property to support company strategies;
- Leading the presentation and development of complex business solutions to preserve and expand the business;
- Representing the company in external negotiations with responsibility to develop and maintain effective working relationships with customer counterparts;
- Authority to prepare, negotiate, execute, interpret and administer legally binding contractual agreements of a complex nature for The Boeing Company;
- Leading coordination and partnership with other internal functional disciplines, acting as a trusted advisor, integrating business / finance / programme priorities to create solutions that balance business financial performance and customer relationship management;
- Summarizeing complex contractual issues, and leads development of creative solutions and coordination of contractual risk mitigation;
- Implementing and maintains effective commercial governance to protect company interest and ensure fully aligned work approaches;
- Authorizing company work and administers contracts and agreements in accordance with contractual requirements;
- Interpreting contract requirements, managing change and resolving conflict; intellectual property management.
- Excellent customer relationship management;
- Depth of knowledge and skilled in defence contracting and terms & conditions;
- Negotiation skills;
- First-time quality;
- Fast and effective responsiveness in a dynamic, competitive environment;
- Integrated business partnering with stakeholders;
- Ability to manage a diverse, fast-paced, high workload;
- A high degree of independence;
- Creative commercial solution design and implementation.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- IACCM / CIMA or MBA or significant experience in similar role
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorization to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a Security Clearance Process, which will require 5 years uninterrupted residency in the UK prior to applying.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award